Finding matches in 2v2

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Polle

Oct 8, 2001
Still too difficult to find 2v2 matches. Usually you have to spam the majority of your contact list just to find a single match.

suggestion:

Let teams specify in their team login whether they are currently looking for a match. When you are looking dor opponents you would then:

- query database to get list of teams that are looking for match.

- If that isnt succesful you would change your own status to "looking for match"

This ought to limit the amount of icq spam. In case ppl forget to change their status once they are done searching it could be reset to "not lfm" after a couple of days.

Would probably be more useful if you could also specify when you are available for match. f.ex:

"lfm today", "lfm tomorrow", "lfm this week","not lfm" or you could allow ppl to specify certain dates where they expect to play.
(lfm=looking for match)

i agree! sonic and me always search some guys, but the most can only play at 22.00-24.00 in the week. thats to late for pupils!!
and the not britains have atime difference too.

and on sundays, fridays and saturdays many players r away too :(

ppl will forget to chnage their status too often.
Phear had teh idea of ppl joining #2v2 or something on utassault.net but that never happened either.
No immediate solution :/
Will just have to put up with how it is atm

Only idea I can think of is when ppl want a 2v2 they set icq status to free to chat, then u just stick all the 2v2 peeps in 1 group on ur icq and it should be easy for us to find eachother. Better stil to have a html page showing ppls status, but would be a shame for Phear to do all that work and then ppl don't set their mode to free to chat.

Last edited:
Originally posted by bad_boy
i agree! sonic and me always search some guys, but the most can only play at 22.00-24.00 in the week. thats to late for pupils!!
and the not britains have atime difference too.

and on sundays, fridays and saturdays many players r away too :(

I am a pupil (probably younger than most of you other pupils), and I dont see a problem with playing on 22 gmt ? so its np I'd say

I sent this to Phear 21 november, but got no answer :(
Suggestion for the 2vs2 league table
Hi

Most of our 2vs2 matches are arranged on short notice (within a ½ hour).
Sometimes when we are both online and ready for a 2vs2 we can't find anyone to challenge. And sometimes we are on public servers or doing other things when ppl are trying to get in contact with us.

So I got an idea:
Why not add a column to the 2vs2 league table where we can enter some kind of "online and ready to play from now until xx.xxGMT" indicator.

I imagine that it could be clickable, so that a email is send to one or both teammember(s). The idea is that ppl with email to SMS forward can be alerted pretty fast that way.

MadMax

Rel@x and I founded some ppl 2 play 2vs2 only they declined cause they couldn't win they said :lol:

to tell the truth I hate icq and all its spam iam never on mine except when I have to be, which would make it hard for players to get in touch with me etc etc, how about a 2v2 room in irc ? that way anyone you find in there is waiting and willing to play a match, or am I making too much sense ?

there was something like thast before but the only people i ever saw there were xav märchenmann and me

yep its hard to find an opponent
i was talking to many people on icq for over two weeks
you agree on some time then they arent online you have to find someone else and time is running out
in the end i could arrange a match in our last days left
but one of their players dropped the other one left too i subbmited a forfeit but they are too slow to confirm and now we are out.

i really think that this chatroom would be a good solution or else we start searching our opponents in the utassault channel

sorry for filling your heads with my blethering but i had to get rid of this :D

yes v difficult to find 2v2 games sometimes.........seem to play the same ppl.................. but its still fun.

Just looking at the tables today all teams in the HZ are on two stars or lower (except 1 team)

ermmm we dont have 2 stars we just spam everybody on icq and there's always 1 who comes up! or we just ask some1 in a server for a practice match its still great fun :D

Another suggestion:

Create a new forum dedicated to open 2v2 challenges. In a post you would specify:

- your nicks in the league

- Date&time when you want the match(es)

- Who you should contact

But noone uses the challenges forum... and strictly speaking the topic is: "Forum for clans to issue challenges and discuss matches with other clans." So 2v2 stuff might be considered slightly off-topic.

I just figured a dedicated 2v2 forum might encourage 2v2 teams to use it. And if ppl would post when they expect to be available for matches it might significantly reduce the amount of required icq spam.

Of course no solution will work unless enough ppl use it.

The only posts in the last 30days in there are for 2v2, and 75% of the last 12 threads are 2v2 :P

pair/clan/team/group/collection-of-persons-who-play-UT-together...... That aint the reason why people don't use it as much as expected, theres enough completly off topic posting and spamming to prove that one :P

And 6v6 clans don't really need it as much now anyways since the "choose your own opponent 4th match" has gone. The only situation would be friendlys or the bottom division/HZ.

Can't force people to use it :D