Final 2 vs 2 League Format

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Re: Final 2 vs 2 League Format

hmm playing 4 matches every single month may be hard for some ppl, remember there are only 1 ppl in a team.

Maybe some sort of ladder system where u can challenge ppl and u have to play say 2 matches a month at least, with no limit of a maximum amount of matches

Hmmmm not keen on the format, and the restriction on maximum number of teams :(

Phear

the restricition was made to make more pairs join quick when we get a higher demand we will expand the league as stated in the format.

what r u not keen on with the formt state of things ?

Prefer the ladder concept to the league. I will probably still sign up, just saying I think in this instance a ladder is better than a league with divisions.

Phear

yeah I agree with Phear especially since u were gonna randomly put ppl in divisions, it would take like 4-5 months for the right ppl to get in teh right divisions, prolly longer.

your all abosolutely right myself and neo are working hard to make new rules sorry for the incoveienecnencnecnen people :)

ok I'm the fag here

The final format has been decided upon and it is TOTALLY different to the format I suggested earlier.

THE FINAL format, and this is the final format can be found at:

bios.ravecore.com/joltass...rmat.shtml

Well the knockouts ok too I guess :)

then the last map will be chosen at random by the admin of the match.

taken of the the website... isn't that a bit weird???

choose a map every new round.. would be more fair imo :)

coz as i see it now it can be different every match :/

Trouble is, when in a tournament we can't really have draws or it starts getting annoying having stacks of play-offs, so we have to have the match played in the format of "best of an odd number of maps"

and when we have to have an odd number of maps then there would be arguments over who chose the last map etc. so it is easier if an admin did it

what I think I might do is have a different pre-chosen map for each round. So for example, for every second round match the 3rd map would be Asthenosphere, and every 3rd map in the 3rd round would be Bridge.

what you reckon?

best of an odd number of maps doesn't necessarily solve the problem because there are also ties (like almost every time on guardia with more than 8 people :) )

so if I win rook, they win frigate and it's a draw on asthenos, what happens ?

lol ace... thats basically what I said in my last post in this thread

doh, i'm soo used to u saying useless stuff I started skipping all posts I saw witha spinning pink thing next to them.

i think they had a solution for that in the WAR league..

5. Ties. Ties are accounted for in the ratings system, except in the case when the teams have the same rating. In this case, the teams can either agree to simply report a tie (so that neither team gains or loses points) or they can go into “sudden-death.” In Sudden-Death, the teams will play the following maps: Rook, Mazon, Frigate and HiSpeed (in this order) until a team wins 1 map. NOTE: this does not mean that you have to play all 4 maps. It just means that if you play Rook and you are still tied (i.e. both teams defended) then you will play Mazon, and so on.

make it round1: Rook, Mazon, Frigate and HiSpeed
round2: Mazon, Frigate, Hispeed, Oceanfloor
round3: Frigate, Hispeed, Oceanfloor, Overlord
round4: Hispeed, Oceanfloor, overlord, Ballistix
and so on ...

think this is a good and fair way... :)

:lol: Ace... don't even try it.

Quite funny to hear you telling people that their posts are useless after all your recent posts

Hmm

whats wrong with recording time spent on levels add the 2 times spend attacking, and compare that with the other team, fastest team wins. Just as the 2on2 have been lately her at UTA? (Or would maps with different lenghts make this a bad solution).