February Tables

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Basdo

<b>Lea</b><b>gue and Fo</b><b>rum Ad</b><b>ministr
Jan 7, 2002
Munich, GER
  • Inactive clans moved to HZ in all leagues. Unplayed games punished with a 10% point deduction (equal to a lost game).

• InstaGIB league is nearly dead. As two new clans signed up this month we have the hope that it will recover at least a bit. Hence we let it open for another month. If no games will be played in February too, the league will be closed!

• AS-TheScarabSE_betaVl joins the mappool now!
    Upcoming pool-map for march: AS-Tydium][AL_preview4

League Tables / Monthly Changes:

Standard Assault - Champs: -={Mi5}=-
Division #1
Non-Movers: A) CoH, C) Mi5, D) DoG
Promoted: B) DaS, E) ud @ 1029 pts

Division #2
Relegated: A) DFP, E) AUT @ 999 pts
Non-Movers: C) AAK
Promoted: B) b33r, D) FDC @ 999 pts
Leavers: ADC

Division #3
Relegated: TNT @ 1199 pts
Non-Movers: dzz, L0S$, SveK, NAC, PGS

Pro Assault - Champs: ]-DaS-[
Division #1
Non-Movers: DaS, os, Amp, b33r, B!P, 24, NAC
Leavers: 23, UF (both forced removal to HZ)

Insta Assault - Champs: None
Division #1
Non-Movers: P*I, 2k3, omfp, nWo
HZ Leavers: ud, PGS

two-V-two Assault - Champs: «ÐR»
Division #1
Non-Movers: DR, b33r, DoG, t$n, UT, TiJ, NAC, A&O
Leavers: MM, BM-AsF, eA, Amp, MY, az, BeastyBrother (all forced removal to HZ)
HZ Leavers: ud

Player, no admin now:
:clap: Mi5 @ "forgetting" the game vs DoG, giving away many of your points and make other clans relegate. Did you forget it was us who gave you our best player only to help you survive the time without twnz/mc? Is that your way to say thank you? You're good friends of mine...

With the Scarab being the map this month, does that mean that we cant play snowdunes anymore?
The map should be still selectable after the 2 month testfase ...

Last edited:
Both maps are selectable! We'll always have two maps in the map-pool. In february it's SnowDunes and TheScarab and in march it will be TheScarab and Tydium.

Thanks Basdo!

For future reference: If the league likes a particular map, such as SnowDunes, how would we go about adding it? Can we have a vote every 4 months?

I dont think admins have discussed that in any detail

I would probably suggest if a map is liked that it then re-enters the mappool a 2nd time and is then voted on in its 2nd month, it can then stay in maplist if its liked or be removed as per schedule if vote doesnt pass

But the idea of the mappool was definitely to allow new maps into the maplist if people liked them :)

I dont think admins have discussed that in any detail

I would probably suggest if a map is liked that it then re-enters the mappool a 2nd time and is then voted on in its 2nd month, it can then stay in maplist if its liked or be removed as per schedule if vote doesnt pass

But the idea of the mappool was definitely to allow new maps into the maplist if people liked them :)

It would be a total shame if you removed Snowdunes in march :(, the idea off it still being selectable would be great I think ...

It would be a total shame if you removed Snowdunes in march :(, the idea off it still being selectable would be great I think ...

Let's see how people like it and then if it's played enough try to lobby admins to keep it at the end of the month :)

Problem with that map is there's still some bugs in it too :(

I have no doubt that although you may like it others map not and Im sure there are some still undecided. The whole point of the pool is to allow people to sort of play test the maps under competitive conditions without it being a pug, Id find it very hard to get everyone to agree a map is good for enterring the league after playing it upto 16 times over 2 months (maximum number of times you could play it), people wil learn it better the more times its played and I dont think thats enough times to warrant a vote on it.

A Maps playability can change quite a lot just by the way people learn them be it tactics or locating bugs so I would suggest a little patience :D.

on that basis then surely it should remain in the map pool for longer than 2 months? the longer it's there, the more it'll get played/tested and bugs/tactics etc can be discovered... At the end of the day, if people dont like it, they wont pick it (like Asthen, Lavafort Guardia etc that rarely get picked). That will then give us all an idea on how good/bad it would be for league status?

obviously admin decision is final, but that's just my thoughts on your post MyM :D

If someone doesnt like a map they wont pick it, but that doesnt stop their opposition picking it.
As you mentioned Guardia im sure youve had matches where a team has picked Guardia and the other hasnt even bothered playing, I dont think that would be beneficial in getting new maps into the league if the same happened with mappool maps.

The complaints before were not enough variety in maplist and the validity of new maps with respect to bugs and playability. Having a maplist that changes every couple of months allows us to see if there are any big problems with maps and allows league players to play different maps, Id have thought this is best of both worlds.
We could have given you the option to have a big maplist with lots of new maps and limit how many you could pick for a match so you could pick a specific map for a longer period but this wouldnt persuade you to play maps you dont know as well or do it the way we decided, I personally think that having less additional maps in a list tempts people to pick them more.

Getting a good variety of maps played for a reasonable amount of time will allow us to see which ones are worth looking into more, you could have snowdunes added for a longer period but you will limit the chances of other maps coming in because we'd restrict the amount of new maps to help those that dont want new maps or dont like snowdunes. If we find maps that people like they can then either re-enter mapppool a second time and get voted on or they can be modified if people give feedback on the maps and then enter mappool for another 2 months. The current procedure allows us to see how good/ready a map is for league entry.

As I said before admins as far as I know havent discussed what happens to maps that are liked so thats my opinion on what should happen :D

ahhh, fair points :D Kinda makes sense when put that way :D

have to say played around with Scarab last night and I can see potentiall in that one too, so should really spread the love and give em all fair trial :D

DoG have been known to pic guardia on occassion :teehee:

Ow wait there are still people who take this stuff serious :rofl:

as if anyone takes you serious, especially with that spelling :lol: What a pointless comment.

Try ur dutch spelling! ow wait are u too busy hanging outside of asda's with ur hoody mates..

Last edited: