fast UT

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

IceDragon

Me uses the hat....
Dec 9, 2003
Belgium
I have a *funny* problem with my unreal: when I start my unreal , the city intro goes fast like hell(if I play a prac game it's at about 200% speed and internet game crashes), and I have to change my video driver(usually opengl) to s3metal or 3dfx(although I have an ati card :( ) and then change back to opengl, for it to work at normal speed.

someone help me plizzzz :shake:

Reactions: AnTi
1. Check single player game speed put on 100% if its higher.
2. This kind of things happens when you run Movie Unreal, are you making a movie? :P
Dont know why your igames crash tbh :\ Even if you have game speed 200% on single player this shouldnt take any problem on internet games.

I checked game speed , it is on 100%, but it just plays faster than usually,I fix the problem by switching to s3metal and then back to opengl . But I sadly have to do this operation everytime I start UT :(

Weird problem, anyway i'm gonna update my drivers :yawn2: tired now will be for later

Well then, reinstall of UT will help im sure, but also check drivers option, im a noob here but maybe you`ll notice there something strange :P gl anyways :wave:

Reactions: IceDragon
Reinstalling UT isnt needed
Make a backup of user.ini and unrealtournament.ini (Both in the System dir)
Than, rename or delete User. and unrealtournament.ini.
Ut then makes 2 Brand new ini files for you, check if it works ;)

Reactions: IceDragon
sneez said:
Reinstalling UT isnt needed
Make a backup of user.ini and unrealtournament.ini (Both in the System dir)
Than, rename or delete User. and unrealtournament.ini.
Ut then makes 2 Brand new ini files for you, check if it works ;)

think that's how it worked out for Icedragon

b0g said:
I hate to reply to this old thread, but how exactly did you fix it m8? I am having the same problm with my Radeon 9600 Mobility right now :bawling:
well, I had an ati 7500 back then. I reinstalled, and it went away. Be sure to save all your files, otherwise it's a pain in the ass to setup and download everything again.

ATI 9700 running fine here.

hi can any1 help me sort this problem out

i know it's an old thread but i have two people having serious problems with it running fast

on the internet games it just locks & then crashes

please pm me or reply if you can help

Del :(

I have just built a new system based around a AMD 64 dual core 4800 2.4 Ghz processor and using a Geforce 7800GTX 256mb gfix card, 2 x 1gb ddr400 ram, creative X-Fi Fatality 64 bit soundcard and 300 Gb sata hdd. The problem I have is it doesn't like UT :( When I run ut, it plays really fast...whenever I move the mouse, the clock counts down faster, the game is unplayable due to fast jerky movements, almost like mouse sensitivity is set to high! I have been told that ut does not get on well with the new AMD dual core processors. Is this the case and if so is there some kind of workaround for it? Help me please guys, else I will have to go play WoW wtih AnTi ffs! :hangover:

Thx m8s

http://www.evilkitty.org/misc/WindowsXP-KB896256-v3-x86-ENU.exe

download that and try ut ;)

If you need to disable the hotfix, edit the registry as noted here (specifically note #7 which details how to deactivate/activate the hotfix):

http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?id=896256

Originally Posted by Microsoft.com
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. Right-click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Curr entControlSet\Control\Session Manager, point to New, and then click Key.
3. Type Throttle for the new key name.
4. Right-click Throttle, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
5. Type PerfEnablePackageIdle for the value name.
6. Right-click PerfEnablePackageIdle, and then click Modify.
7. In the Value data box, type 0. Make sure that Hexadecimal is selected in the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, and then click OK.
Note You can type 1 in the Value data box to enable the new performance state policy behavior.
8. Quit Registry Editor.

Specifics as to what is being done from the power management side of things can be read at the link above. These are just the changes that need to be made in the registry. Also note that in the DWORD value box, you enter a "0" to disable the power state created by the hotfix and enter a "1" to enable it. For the purposes of fixing the games, enter a "1".

Games Fixed
FarCry
HalfLife1 (CS/DoD)
Need For Speed:MW
Unreal Tournament (Original)
Lineage 2 (in some cases)
Serious Sam 2

Edit: had a few mins so made u 2 reg files 1 to enable and 1 to disable

Attachments

• Throttle .zip
    614 bytes · Views: 100
Last edited: