[Euro 2008] Prediction Thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I got no points...but it's party time here anyway :)

Now France, Italy and Romania NEED to win.

Sweden 1 - 3 Spain
Greece 1 - 2 Russia

Last edited:
Well pld NL! Poor Ribery though... maybe he should try to change his nationality if thats the best 10 other guys they can give him to play :lol:

x0qj2a.gif

PPPOOM HEADSHOT :P

gg nl u make my nl side proud :D

Sweden 2-1 Spain

Greece 1-2 Russia

Most impressive goal was the 3rd right after France scored. Was fucking "HAVE IT" to France

hmm

Sweden 0 - 2 Spain
Sweden will be to scared to play some decent football, so it'll be Spain all over the place.
Spain is on fire and will score a quick 1-0 and before half time they'll score the 2nd which will make the 2nd half utterly boring :p:

Greece 0 - 1 Russia
Greece was horrible to watch, they play defense only, they won't reach the Russian box...
Russia has quite some good midfield/attackers, but scoring is their main problem

Sweden 3 - 2 Spain - it will be a good match, imo sweden will win it...
Greece 1 - 1 Russia -> newb match ... still dont know how greece won euro 2004 but ok ...

what a game Holland!!! Pure skill!

I didn't really see this game as Holland outskilling France, I think they outplayed them. A good team outplays another team to win, but when it comes to the finals the winning team will need to outskill and outplay. I think Netherlands doesn't have as much skill as they used to (aka when Dennis Bergkamp played for them) but with their performance and sheer gameplay they can go very far.

I didn't really see this game as Holland outskilling France, I think they outplayed them. A good team outplays another team to win, but when it comes to the finals the winning team will need to outskill and outplay. I think Netherlands doesn't have as much skill as they used to (aka when Dennis Bergkamp played for them) but with their performance and sheer gameplay they can go very far.

ur crazy, nl has in offense probably more skill now then any other time imo.. robben rvn v persie sneijder kuyt , all top class players who play as a team

Sweden 1 - 2 Spain
Greece 0 - 3 Russia

I think

wanna bet 50euro's that nl wont get it?
i never bet with money on football games. Never had and never will, but the tournament is over when it's over.
Back in 2004 everyone said that Portugal will clearly own Greece. today we know who won it.
In 1974 the dutch team was the best team in the world, but didnt won the title.

Those are just 2 games from many many other examples for unexpected wins/loses.

There are so many possible issues (injuries, bad referees, penalties, banned players, luck/unluck, arrogant) that you can never predict for sure who'll win.

Last edited:
wow...NL played 2 gr8 matches...they score 3 goals more than rivals...rivals - finalist wc2006!!!

Sweden Spain 0-2
Greece Russia 0-0

and sundays matches (because tomorrow before matches im not available to write next predictions):
POR 2-0 SUI
CZE 1-0 TUR

In 1974 the dutch team was the best team in the world, but didnt won the title.
no...in 1974 Poland had the best team in the world...we lost semi-final agains germany, because then at stadion was 2x more water than @ match tur-sui...

Last edited:
Robbens goal is the goal of the tournament for sure. 2 players on him + the goalie in a totally (what it looked like) impossible angle and he still scores. Such a sensitive left foot. Extremely impressive.

Holland surely looks like they can go all the way. Of course anything can happen in the quarters, semis and finals but so far it looks promising. I still think Croatia will win EC though as i said already from the start :)

Todays matches:

Sweden has such a better defensive than Russia which will make it harder for Spain to score. Against greece Sweden had to push forward because greece was falling back. Spain as an opponent will fit Sweden so much better because they can fall back and counter attack and if they make use of the chances they get it might actually end up with a swedish victory. There is no doubt Spain is the stronger team on the paper though. I think a draw is the most possible outcome but Sweden will counterattack and score in the 74th minute :p:

Swe 1 - 0 Spain

Greece will most likely keep on playing defensive and counter attack like they "tried" to do against Sweden. Russia has holes in their defence and it could be dangerous for them to push to much forward. Russia plays a very entertaining type of football in my opinnion. They tend to find a weakness in any defence they´r up against and allways do some remarkable attacks which gives them great scoring opportunities. Against Spain they could as well have scored a few more goals but they kept hitting the posts or crossbar. If they have a bit more luck today they will end up as the winning team and i truly hope for that to happen.

Greece 1 - 3 Russia

As a sidenote:
If Sweden doesn´t win today they will get a really hard time against Russia on wednesday when Andrei Arshavin is back in play.

3 points for antidote
1 point for uzi,champ,saint, superm1c, smark,fin, nuts, sneez, tiago, sausje

Tomorrow:
Sweden Spain 1-1
Greece Russia 0-2

oi! I quoted Antidode and said: I second that.. which means I followed his results! yet I get no points and he gets 3? LAME! I want my points ffs :P

anyways

Sweden - Spain = 1-2
Greece - Russia = 1-3