error html

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

i cant see the comparison between html - php tbh lol like others said 2 totally different things

you should see php as an extension.. it's common knowledge that the more "extensions" you use the risk of getting buggy code/pages is bigger.

SubZero said:
ye, but who said it isnt better?

prolly wouldnt use it if it was crap :rolleyes:
you said it wasnt better :

it just isnt 100% stable, compared to html

same as
"php isnt as good as html coz it isnt stable"

FFS if u feel better 'bout urself by misunderstanding my typo's i will not stand in your way, but i'm not going to level this discussion up, more than it already is..

and i would probably have written ur "corrected" sentence if that was my point, but it wasnt fs.. Stable can be better, but in the word stable is also: evolution, improvements etc. so i dont see why u put a stamp on me, saying: "I DONT LIKE PHP, I WANNA USE HTML INSTEAD" when i have ALREADY realised before this crap, that php was better.. from my experience php DOES have responding/connection problems.. This isnt a flaw in the base code, but yet again i dont know what it is, but i'll leave that discussion to the programmers of php coding..

and phear: there ARE differences between being a Web designer, and a web programmer, of which u are accusing me of not knowing shit about designing, when what u really are accusing me of, is being bad at programming.. and i admit that i dont program php, so f0 and get ur statements right before throwing summin like that at me..

so if u will excuse me gentlemen.. i'll be in the ladys room :cool:

[edit]dont make this a flaming discussion, cause i dont think that is what anyone wants...well maybe some, but i DONT, that has never been my intentions..[/edit]

Last edited:
Woah subzero, maybe you should cool off to abouts what your name is. You said you don't want to make it a flaming, so why post something like that? :flame:

"i'll be in the ladys room" dont bother coming back :wave:

[edit]oi fs, you sig theif!:shout: "I mean that last edited by" part! Get ur own sig :o :moon:

Last edited:
and phear: there ARE differences between being a Web designer, and a web programmer, of which u are accusing me of not knowing shit about designing, when what u really are accusing me of, is being bad at programming.. and i admit that i dont program php, so f0 and get ur statements right before throwing summin like that at me..

Sorry I'd I would expect a Web Designer to know the difference between HTML and PHP, even if they can't program in PHP (which is Web Designer quite possibly may not be able to do). Even if a web designer doesn't know the difference between HTML and PHP, then I'd expect such a person not to comment on the stability of PHP anyway, passing comment on something you know nothing about is ultimately going to result in you looking a fool.

Anyway, I stand by my original statement. If you are having "responding/connection" problems with PHP, then I suggest they lie in the power/load/configuration of your web server or your code design.

And this is the time where we all look back, the time I thought: "my my, that i didn't know"
and a reply would be: "well now u do :D"
But instead i get stuff like "u know nothing" , "you're mixing apples and bananas" "dont bother coming back" etc.
That, i obviously dont want to hear.. then i think :nono:, unplug my brain and start writing stupid reply's on it..

as much as i would like to undo my previous posts, when i realise my mistake(s) I cant, so I somehow "have" to get these reply's with me in my backpack, in which i find unnescessary.. (still yet you can't prevent me from posting on surden topic's Phear, whatever the outcome might be)

So if this anyhow will stop these tiny misunderstandings, i would like to say "I am sorry if i was mistaken, you were right, I was wrong.. end of story"

May u be having a (continued) nice week-end :dog:

I was just browsing the main site few mins ago, and this SQL error occured:
Code:
Warning: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/sites/site1/web/common/global.php on line 99

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/sites/site1/web/common/global.php on line 99

ERROR: Error loading database forums. Unable to connect to MySQL:

after that i have been unable to connect..
any info on this?

no i am not gonna reply on every problem, im gonna NOTICE you about issues if i find any, or perhaps that is not allowed? :(

[edit]:nod: works again..[/edit]

ye well problems that just need a simple refresh or a simple wait isnt worth it tbh
if it's a more long standing prob ok then i understand but this is bit overdoing it by the looks of it :rolleyes:

after i got that error msg, i tried refreshing: and this is what i got..
it doesnt connect, the screen remains right, and it didnt help refreshing.. so im just gonna wait since my posts arent taken serious here..

Attachments

• screenshot.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 64
just a question how long have you been using the internet?
I find temporary downtimes for a site due to routing/ISP/server/communication-problem between DBs/whatever else to be very normal.

I think this err has already been explained in this post? and the error msg even states it quite clearly, the db connection is timing out...

Just to make it even clearer.... The League site is on one server, the Forums on another. If there is a problem with communication between them then the League site will error.

It ain't a hard concept to understand, it's the same principle as when your home PC can't connect to or has a pl heavy connection to a UT server for example. The Net is far from perfect.

As for your white screen, it's either your ISPs route, the server playing up at that specific time, or somethings gone corrupt in your browsers cache (clear it and restart).