Entanet

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Sound's like problems with BT's eCo systems Rich.. or they've already put in an order to put you onto the LLU systems, which can mess up MAC generation.

Btw, if they don't supply a MAC within 5 working days, theyre breaking Ofcom rules and you can report them!!! (dun dun dun!)

Oh and phil, while its prolly best to get off nildram since Tiscali bought em.... One thing: just cos you're in sync and cannot connect does not mean it is down to an ISP outage. Could still be down to an exchange issue, virtual path problems can cause the same problem, etc

Just incase anyone is still confused...

The computer is connected to the, router bone
The router bone's connected to the, exchange bone
The exchange bone's connect to the, backbone.. bone..
The backbone bone's connects to the, internet bone..
The internet bone's connects to the, everyone else's internet bone

DoGs like bones

viannen_03.gif

What is all this mumbo-jumbo. LLU, congestion, interleaving and MAC codes. Sounds like you need an education in tele-technologies to get a proper line in the UK!?

Oh, and people wanting IP ranges should get a nasty charge for it. IP addresses are in shortage already, and wasting loads on private users wont help that problem.

I used to work for an ADSL ISP, so I kinda know what I'm on about ;)

The main problem is line length and line quality in the UK.. the telephone lines are old and shit :S

Have to agree on the IP address point tho doh ;)

What is all this mumbo-jumbo. LLU, congestion, interleaving and MAC codes. Sounds like you need an education in tele-technologies to get a proper line in the UK!?

Oh, and people wanting IP ranges should get a nasty charge for it. IP addresses are in shortage already, and wasting loads on private users wont help that problem.

Then they should roll out IPv6 like they should have done 10 bloody years ago. Or RIPE should charge for IP's, what bugs me is not the charge, its the fact that ISP's are charging for IP's when they get them for free.

Last edited: