DVD burning problem

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

SiRiUs13

Jan 23, 2003
somewhere nowhere
a couple of times i tried to copy some dvd's
but when its done making an image of it the size of it is more then 4.7gb... it was 6 and more

example: Bad boys 2
last 30min isn't on it

so are there dvd's bigger then 4.7gb?
or is there a file to compress the movies to fite on a 4.7dvd
:burp:

hmmm yes i know maybe its a stupid question but did u quit menus , extras and all those shits?.

RoTTeD said:
hmmm yes i know maybe its a stupid question but did u quit menus , extras and all those shits?.

nope... the meaning is to copy the dvd and then .....€
so would be stupid to do that... but i still wonder how the F....k i have the do it

Ok then , those dvds are double layer (soz for my english but dunno for sure if its well say).There are many films that have more than 4,7 gb .They even can have 8.5 gb .So u need have one of those dvds and be sure that u dvd burner supports those dvds

Last edited:
I use a program called DVD Shrink to reduce the size to a std 4,7GB, this recompresses the video of the movie so if there are a lot of extras, menus, non film content, movie is long etc etc then the quality of the movie will suffer so then your best bet is drop some of the extras or additional language audio support. Sometimes Ive had to use DVD decrypter before running shrink to remove any protection but its generally pretty quick. Both are freeware programs so should be easy to find.

And of course you will only be doing this to make backup copies of your own movies for personal use and not for ....€ coz thats not allowed ;)

Reactions: Snuggs