Dropping by to say hi to some old friends

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

simple server with just the leaguemaps will do imo, if it's a really good server people will come and play on it.
the dfp is for me really shit atm and so is the"custom map server of dog.
so i rarely play ut anymore, if there's a good server i might pop in a few times for some maps

he says that it's required that the server must be full most of the time, and as a matter of fact that won't happen. maybe on weekends and rarely in the evenings, but that's about it.

right now there's 10/24 people on both the custom servers... and most of the day they are empty.

would be crap to see someone sponsoring a server and then have to take it away again because it's unused. waste of time and effort...

Last edited:
^Ice^ said:
he says that it's required that the server must be full most of the time,

Well that was before I heard we might be putting up extra servers. And if a public doesnt work, I could always ask if "my boss" is willing to make it a league server.

Again, no promisses. He's awfully busy atm but I've sent him a pm about the requests.

Good news! The owner is willing to put up a ut99 server (I also gave him a link to this thread, so he should know the current situation). He's asking for a "how-to" for setting up a league server. So thats maps, admin tools, leagueas and league settings.

Anyone got a nice linky for the chap?

Hey Fusierukkert! everything kits behind de rits? :wave:

Just tell him to give a league admin access to the server and everything will be done for him i guess

/me :cuddle: Timo

jwer_NL said:
Hey Fusierukkert! everything kits behind de rits? :wave:

Just tell him to give a league admin access to the server and everything will be done for him i guess

/me :cuddle: Timo

Jweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!!!!!! Damn, wat heb ik jou gemist! :cuddle:

Well I dont know if he is willing to give access to the ftp (when its still a public server, if it becomes a league server itll be something else), because of the commandline that has to be configured from remote desktop. (webadmin wont be a problem I think).

I dont suppose just installing ut99 on a server and work from there is gonna work? (or do we then still need the ucc in case the server crashes and all the settings need to be changed manually again?)

Last edited: