Dropping by to say hi to some old friends

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Fusion

Mar 13, 2002
Netherlands
Hiya all!

Good to see this league still keeps going strong, eventhough the stdas league divisions have been cut in half. Yesterday I ran into Dj's pimp movies and shed quite a few tears seeing some familiar faces getting completly owned by this crazy Swed. It almost made we want to go back, but knowing I've been completly 2k4 brainwashed, I'd be useless even to the teams in the lower divisions.

Exactly one year ago I started admin'ing for the Titan 32p Onslaught server (may ring a bell to those who occasionally slip to 2k4) and our public serverpark has grown due to its immensive succes. Currently we have six servers, ranging from 32 and 16p ons to TAM, vCTF and iTDM. Now the head honcho of those servers, working for Titan Internet likes his server full and he doesnt really care what is played on them as long as they are used. Bandwidth is not a problem, since we have our own redirect (100mbit) and server line (also 100mbit). The same goes for the hardware (dual xenon 2.0 with 1024/2048mb iirc)

Now I'm not making any promises, since I suggested an UTA server to him a few months ago, but didnt pursue it after I saw you already have 7 league servers, but if I can convince him to turn one of those servers to public ut99 crib, are there still enough players to fill it? Custom maps, ofcourse.

Please do be honest, cause if later on it seems that the server is empty most of the time, it most likely be pulled for something else to fill it. If everything works out, I might even drop by from time to time to dig up some good old memories. ;)

P.S. If you want to know what the pings are like, just do a tracert to one of the servers in my signature.

Reactions: Turha.
a good public server with a 32 ping or sth is what i want, with no bullshit on it.
just the league maps

theres about 3 or 4 but only 2 are actually ever actually used.

there's 2 custom servers and only 1 of them is full. it's very nice that you want to add a server, but unless your server is better than both (dfp server and dog custom server) i wouldn't bother.

^Ice^ said:
there's 2 custom servers and only 1 of them is full. it's very nice that you want to add a server, but unless your server is better than both (dfp server and dog custom server) i wouldn't bother.

Well, at least you're honest. Sad to hear that the community has shrunk so much that only one server can be filled. :(

Guess Ill let them make it a quake 4 server then, :)

Hi Fusion m8.. you might remmember me as Warchild.. but anyways

the problem these days is.. that even IF a good server comes out.. every1 stays on dfp/dog server only.. unless we promote it enough.. imo: GREAT IDEA! :D

Ey War, long time no see. :wave:

Ill just wait and see what the head honcho has to say (heard him drop some hnts of adding even more servers then the current six). If he is willing, we could always give it a go, see if its able to get off the ground. :)