driver problem

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

sobo

Not always sober
Jun 19, 2001
Saxony, GER
I have a prob with the new XP-Det drivers: D3D didnt run after installing them, so i instaled old driver again and D3D runs again but at about 20 (TWENTY !!) % - my Celeron 400 was better!! -the old performance what of i made wrong?
Pls give me sonme hints which include reinstall beause I dont have a CD atm and only ISDN :P
strange thing: eg: bridge is unplayable in D3D while i have about 80 frames in opengl

poof: the "XP Detonators" are only driver name. They're for both win2k and XP...

I have nVIDIA ref drivers 23.11
these are XP Detonators for Win9x/ME - I have Win 98 Se so should be no problem but it fucked up my hole D3D. Though only UT-D3D it seems :D

Proph I would use Open GL but its much too dark and brightness switch doesnt effect nothing for me; monitor is already on max (smoking :P)
Btw why wrong forum? where should Ive posted it, for me this is UT-related :P

Only problem I could think of was:
My Graphic card is from Powercolor, so maybe it fucked up because there is no manufacturer specifics within the package from nVIDIA site, though i got the download link from the Powercolor homepage

:user: <- cool when it looked like that :P

there's a tool to increase your brightness, thats the common fix for the OpenGL brightness problem. Cant remember the name tho, ask me on ICQ later.

23.11 are the best for me so :P

if youre running 98 id make sure you got the right drivers....

oh and on the fuckup after reinstalling old 1s:

make sure you completely remove all drivers before you install any new/old ones..... ie going to options and switching to the ultra wanky 640x400 256 colour stuff

should be info in the drivers unless ya got the auto installin 1s :)

Originally posted by Cª$h
Proph I would use Open GL but its much too dark and brightness switch doesnt effect nothing for me; monitor is already on max (smoking :P)
I got some "special" OpenGL Drivers, claiming to be "Nvidia2Glide" Drivers, but in UT u use OpenGL with them, and brightness can be changed like u want.

Contact me on ICQ tonite, maybe i´m lazy enough and send them to you :P

Oh btw, the Picture Quality with those Drivers just pure roxx :D

i think some utilities can change brightness yes

and do use opengl (about 100 fps average @ 1024x768 32 bit) that d3d driver(sucky 60 fps) sucks

btw, for all you hailing for the absolute stableness and supreme quality of nvidia drivers... at least ati can make drivers that work:p:

Originally posted by Cª$h
Only problem I could think of was:
My Graphic card is from Powercolor, so maybe it fucked up because there is no manufacturer specifics within the package from nVIDIA site, though i got the download link from the Powercolor homepage

:user: <- cool when it looked like that :P

This can never be the problem.

poof could you stop whining about posting in wrong forums pls

this is software/hardware-forum, (or helpcenter), so it's np and probably the right decision to post here.
I've never seen you do anything contructive tbh, only telling "wrong forum" or "your OS is shit use mine".

oh ffs stop wasting your energy in this stupid whining shit, do something constructive instead... suggestion :wanker:

in general the older detonators tend to work better with older games afaik... and just passed my mind that i guess powerstrip can change the brightness in a snap

aye that was the prog I couldnt remember name of :)

PowerStrip or NVMax can increase your brightness so you can play with OpenGL in UT.

got NV max though Proph gave me a UT intern Open GL fix and now ican adjust brightness by just pushing the switch in the game :D:hm:

Well i had installed old drivers again but well I was able to use d3d but u know 3 fps on siege :D