Dont buy GTAIV for PC

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

wondering why you feel so attacked sneez. :rolleyes:

It is no MMO but a 20mb download is nothing, the TOTAL installation was done in 15minutes, you are just whining.
No idea what kind of clock you got, but the whole procedure (so i could start the game) took me nearly 30 mins.
Sure 20MB is nothing, but there are even guys outthere who dont have DSL or cable. So why couldnt they add this Live update on teh installation DVD? And why am i forced to install the update just when i wanna play SP?

EVERYBODY got an hotmail account. So you only have to register on ONE site, which is also common with pc games nowadays.
It is common to register on sites to play singleplayer games?
No idea which SP games you played lately, but that's anything but common. Thankfully.

In a console you also have to switch the cd's. Not to mention most people got 2 dvd stations..
Unlike for pc games, when i've a console i DONT have to install 30 mins, have to update the OS and drivers, being forced to hardwareupgrade, just to start playing.
So yes, even i've to changes DVDs when i play on consoles, therefore it's way easier and faster to play than on PCs

I agree its a pc-heavy game, but you get that in free roaming worlds.
There are other games that have also those huge free worlds, without having the need of eating a C2D 3.6 easily.
Granted that gta4 takes it to a new level.

For me this game is prolly the worst port from any blockbuster in a technical pov.

My pc is almost a year old, with a shitty 8800 GTS 320mb, due core and 2gb ram. I still play it on 1680x1050 , only low settings is the texture and draw distance. No lag at all, no lock ups, no fps drops.
Aslong you've a Nvidia card GTA4 is CPU-limited. So it actually doesnt matter if yo've a 8800GTS or 9800GTX.

And when you force ATI 4870x2 users to play in avg 15 fps on medium settings, because you didnt support ATI graphiccards propably, it's an epic fail. And i dont have to wonder why i get thousands of very angry users.

Oh and wait until you reach the middle borough, the fps will drop there more :P

All the security is a good thing imo. If the security wasn't there everybody would have gotten the game 1 week ago from the internet > no fundings going to rockstar > no GTA 5 > crying people.
bollox.
People brought the bought game back to the shop because it didnt ran at all or was way too slow.

And others wanted to buy it legally, but after they saw all those issues (esp the ATI gap) and the annoying copyprotection procedure, they downloaded it from the internet.
If you torture legal buyers, some of them transform to illegal downloaders. Easy as that.

fine work R* :thumb:

A new nocd has been released btw

after a longer testing-session of the crack we pred with our GTA-Release we discovered more and
ingame protections, thats why we now bring a new and working crack which bypasses the activation
of the game, bypasses the serial check and at least bypasses the securom itself. This means
that no ingame-protections will come up again
HowTo:
1) Do a CLEAN Install (if you copied other cracks, delete them or reinstall the game completely)
2) Replace the LaunchGTAIV.exe with our launcher
3) Run GTA IV from Rockstar Games Social Club
4) NO ACTIVATION AND NO SERIAL NEEDED as long as you play offline.
5) paul.dll for all who overwrote them before

The patch got released, but people get new bugs with it. For example some doesnt hear sound, just the radio music.
Others have new kinds of crashes. the shadows are still horrible ugly.

well played Rockstar. Seems this company isnt able to fix it properbly. Jesus, what a shame. GTA4 is the worst port in the long history of ports.