DM-Praccy..

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

CypresS

Jul 11, 2002
The Netherlands (NB)
Lo,

I heared that you are using my practise map. I hope you understand that i have put many hours in that map, it wasn't supose to leak out by people like VCore.

The map is still under construction, when it is finished i will post it on the utassault forum. So that anyone can use it..

So, please don't give it to more people. That will only make it confusing when i release the final version of the map.

I heared that Hank maybe wanted to help me with the map. Please post here, i am not gonna install ICQ :D

Ooh yeah, it is by the way impossible for you to bring out the map under your name. I have all the beta versions as proof that i am the builder ;)

GreetZ,

<]Xx$[> Cypres$

its crap !!

nah nice work
make some sings for the teles and remove some lights in the core room along with some light effect reduction because even I on my cool system have only 30 frames in the core room although its not that important

Good luck with ur map m8

Good Luck with ur map m8:) waz a nice map in the developing stages when i waz in the same clan as u and Vortex but now i play UT2003 ur map rulez:D

i will give away screenshots to anyone, ICQ me! :D

very nice work with the map Hank and UltraSonic you 1337 mappers! :thumb:

:rofl::teehee:

Last edited:
Im not bad in mapping
and Im much better in steal things from other maps ;)

nah j/k

I saw that youre better than me :D but the MAp should be a secret, but If you want, install icq and lets do a new ligamap for the league :)

(christmaspresent :) )

ok?

and I wont releas a Map that isnt from me, its just for UKS and I wont release anything, TOP SECRET :mingun:

but I think we should make a map, I install MSN for you :P coz youre a good mapper :D

well for me he only copied some brushes from the maps and conenctd them with passages

+ some lifts

but its a very good idea :)

Got msn allready?

Lo,

Do you got MSN installed ? My e-mail is: [email protected]..

I'am allready busy on a assault map for the league ;) But there is much work to do.. and i think you can help me with it.

I will make some screenshots so you can check it out..

Screenshots

Lo,

Here are some screenshots of the map.. I made them yesterday so they are made in the newest version of the map:

http://members.home.nl/e.vanboxtel/rescue1.jpg
http://members.home.nl/e.vanboxtel/rescue2.jpg
http://members.home.nl/e.vanboxtel/rescue3.jpg
http://members.home.nl/e.vanboxtel/rescuecoll.jpg

Here is a list of things i copyed it from my todo list :P :

Modeling:

- Make a big jail with cells and openable cell doors (or with switch) (see objectives@actors)
- Make chains in spaces left and right from main gate(see objectives@actors)
- Rebuild whole begin area (before bridge). Make waterfall, blocked road (rocks) that leads to outside world (fake).
- Position / Amount (no rocketlauncher in begin / launchprotect.)
- Position / Amount
- Bottem of cliff, make water (and in begin waterfall)
- Nice dark sky (photo)
- More green in the map (or rocks and bushes)
- Boat for the escape (medium size / 8 person boat)
- Stairs down in ground leading to dungeon, make roof on it.Move more back, it’s to close to main gate.
- Big room in the back of the castle
- Launch protection, make roof or 2 floors in castle
- Launch protection, make walls left and right of the castle so that player cannot walk to back of castle
- Make a wall / rock around the whole map
- Lower the shooting hole’s
- Maybe some bunkers in front of castle

Actors:

- Defense, Attack spawnpoint when objective is breached
- Bridge must be breachable, chains shootable, celldoor, blow up wall, animation at end with boat.
- Program spawnpoints after Objectives are completed
- With Impulse Tracker (Save as S3M)
- Map needs at last 1 autocannon

I want to know how good you are in UnrealED. As you can see there is lot to do for the map, can you perhaps draw something out of this list and send it to me. So i can check your drawing style/skill.. ::

- Weapon room (room where they store axes and swords)
- Dining room+balcony (much tables (wood) and not too small)
- Or another room they have in a castle (bathroom, bedroom?)

It doesn't have to be detailed, and don't put to much hours in it. (maybe i don't like it ;) ) It's important you don't use custom textures, only standard textures. (i prefer DECAYED (don't know exact name of texture pack))

And what is your e-mail btw??

Greetz,
Cyp.

the texture look a bit too boring for my taste you could try another texture packet aswell, uttech?.utx's are holding some nice texture of all ambience, the nali texture files also have something in common with your style of texturing

the lighting looks too moderate in the inside.
my advice
-add some visible light sources
-add more lights with reduced lighting radius

apart from that the outside areas (which i always like) look pretty beautiful (the bridge and the stairs) but for my taste the inside of the castle wants some work!

i could help you out but i cant be arse to work on the ED for much longer than some minutes and i also have my own map going of which ill have some shots here by the next few minutes, hold on

well this way you could also best judge me of being capable of helping or not.

#1 the few from the defense into the first section where attackers come from:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 105