DM is lame.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Yeah its not a stunning game by any stretch of the imagination. I bought the game and my pc runs it fine, yet i havnt pld it for about 3 weeks now :\

BF1942 on the other hand is a belter ;)

i can't stand UT anymore ever since i started playing UT2003. UT just seems slower (dunno if that's the case but it seems like it)

Deathmatch is the royal discipline of almost every ego-shooter. It seperates the spammers from the real rulers. If your belong to the topclass players in deathmatch you can rule in every other mod in a short time.

UT is slower than UT2k3, but thats a good thing. Q3 was a lot faster than UT and that felt like you were playing a cartoon :) The speed of UT is one the things that gives it the real, more powerful feeling when you play and I for one love that :p:

I also have pretty good specs: XP1500, Radeon 8500, 512mb DDR ram, but haven't, and aren't going to buy UT2k3. Played it a few times and didn't get more than 5 mins pleasure each time.

BF1942 does look good, played the demo and loved it, so am gonna get that asap :D

hm... imo ut2q3 (havent pld it longer than 2 hours though) is slower than ut
even though i got good specs to play it i dont like it
graphics look nice yes but the rest sux especially the new maps and weapons fs

overall its weird- ut2k3 seems slower.. but at the same time its much much faster to travel across a maps.. i think all the maps are kinda disproportioned when putting into consideration the double jumps n stuff (imo anywho).

I tire of hitting my head and cliping the pointless scenery of ut2003 (Low roofs with silly lamps,pointy walls,clowns,firery alcoves).

Originally posted by LoneRanger
overall its weird- ut2k3 seems slower.. but at the same time its much much faster to travel across a maps.. i think all the maps are kinda disproportioned when putting into consideration the double jumps n stuff (imo anywho).
yep :nod:

Originally posted by Saytan
This is probably true, i suspect a lot of ppl with slower computers have all but given up trying to play online due poor performance/framerate etc.

Saytan m8, it's canned shit no matter what hardware you have:

1.7Ghz Athlon XP, DDR333, Geforce4 4600DDR

And it *STILL* plays like shit.

after a month of having this wank installed, I'm getting clsoe to just ripping it off.

I tried playing again tonight for a wee shot.. two maps, and I;m sick of the damn thing. A complete and total waste of money.

UT2 is really the only option u have (for first-person shooters, anyway) if u don't want realism/semi-realism afaik

anyway, it owns fs
the deathball mod alone makes it worth it

i agree with bungle
most ctf levels are quite tight and have low roofs plus some stupid goodlocking yet pointless coz fucking up the performance metal obstacles on the walls
so whenever you have the flag and try to run out of the enemy base you get killed coz you either shoot behind you and definiteley get stuck on some obstacle and get killed
or you dont look back and concentrate on these obstacles and then get killed with an even bigger certainty

on the other hand i have already seen soem very nice custom maps without these futile performance and gameflow killers

so i guess theres still hope for this game :)

Play it more! :P

I'm not the greatest player, and my PC isn't that amazing (Athlon 1.333ghz, 512ddr, Geforce2 MX) but I can manage:

Last edited: