District 9

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

doh

hodlike
Oct 21, 2001
Denmark
Anyone seen it yet?
I'm going to the cinema Thursday to watch it, looking forward to it!

Looking good yea, saw it today on newspapers and watched some reviews.
shrimp aliens go!

timekiller ... good for watching at home but rather not in cinema.

won't be out before the 7th of october here so we have to wait a couple of months but i heard some really good things about it!
I find it rather weird that the release dates differ so much between different countries in Europe.. Same with Up from Pixar, really weird :(

Based on what?

Based on screener that already can be watched around the net.
Was going to watch only part to see if it's worth anything but i actually watched it till the end.
It's not a bad movie but i'll rather buy some beers then go to cinema and pay to watch it.

A friend saw it and said it was one of the best films he has seen for a long long time, going to see it this week I hope :]

Saw the first half hour of it but I fell asleep (It was late, not because it was boring).
Quite entertaining movie so far!

Absolutely fantastic Neill Blomkamp is a great film maker, deffo go see it as the cinema if you can the screener does not do it justice great story real empathy with the prawns. loved it.

check out Live in Joburg

Its what the film is based on and what tickled Peter Jackson fancy.

Check out his other short films they are well worth watching.

Last edited:
ye it was an excellent story with some cool moments (hi alien guns pew pew).
Always when I thought its over it continued... :D

didn´t like it at all

crap "end"........... if it´s the end of the story :o

tbh... it´s just a combination of ugly scenes
cat food and meat eating creatures, exploding bodys
no real "hero" just a boring babbitt
and wtf ..they need 20 years to collect a pee bottle of some fuel (from where ?) to start that shuttle back to the mothership and fly away ? :lol:
+ they land the shuttle and hide it under the dirt ...when all the world TV cameras watching it ? :rofl:

was the :yawn:est sci-fi movie i´ve seen in years

Last edited by a moderator:
+ they land the shuttle and hide it under the dirt ...when all the world TV cameras watching it ?

Didn't you see the part of the film where they show some part of the ship falling off and they said they haven't been able to find it ?

Didn't you see the part of the film where they show some part of the ship falling off and they said they haven't been able to find it ?

i saw that....but the whole world was with cam´s on the event
and they didn´t search 4 it in those 20 year ? :lol:

flat imo...very flat

Saw it yesterday too after i heard so many about it.
Well, i seriously cant understand why someone rate it as one of the best SciFi in decades.

It's boring. The story is boring, the characters are boring and so is the ending.
During watching i asked myself when the movie get's finally good, but then it was over.

The whole story is: a man gets transformed into an alien and the aliens wanna get home by searching fuel. Aliens live 20 years into a getto and will get tranfered into a new one.
How could such a flat (like Snuggs said) story be praised?

Ofc i like that the hole situation could be transformed to the today times, but that didnt save the movie.

The only heartwarming moments for me were the lil alien being and as the transformed alien sit on garbage and created a flower out of it for his former wife. The rest of the film didnt flash or touch me at all