Distortion

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

TIMMAH

-)EaS*
Jan 18, 2002
Sometimes when playing my vid card crashes and my screen freezes for a couple of sec and then returns to normal. Sometimes it won't and it get this effect, which is no doubt a little unplayable and I have to reboot my computer to fix it again. Any ideas?
I have a GT8600 vid card, running vista 64bit. UT is the only game/program which make this vid card crash.

Attachments

• 29032010175.jpg
    29032010175.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 29032010177.jpg
    29032010177.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 14
Looks definitely like overheating to me, I've had this on video cards in the past. Either overheating or overclocking. Turn the computer off for a while, make sure your fans are all working, make sure the card isn't too hot, etc. THen reboot and see if it comes back immediately (when the card is not yet heated up) or if it returns after a while (once the card gets too hot again).

Thx useless. The fans are spinning. I had this problem a while now. It happens sometimes, but I dont know if it's too hot or not. I dont think so. + it happens only with UT somehow.

from my experience when looking at thoose pics its the memory on the grafic card. in my m8s case the memories on the grafic card were burned. dont wanna scare ya but could be :P

It's a hidden gateway to another dimension - it opens from time to time and you're the choosen one to enter the world of UT or only your desktop

:P

looks like a capacitor is burned or Ram... do a stresstest to the GFX, but i would already save money for a new gfx....

have u tried another monitor? Anyway renew the heat sink compund and logg your GFX temp. GFX can stand 120°C but it with UT you should not get those high temps.