Depleted Uranium...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Joko said:
My words were "major advances in technology" not inventions. Cummon Heccy, you're slipping up there old boy.

Regardless of semantics, or discussions of whether an invention has greater merit at its conception or its utlisation in a war scenario, our points remain quite clear. Yours, and some others', that war benefits humanity by its by-products and mine that those benefits are hardly worth the deaths of those involved.

It's not a matter of "facing reality" but a question of not being prepared to accept wars as a necessary evil. To you I seem like a "hippie" (to quote your previously edited post). Presumably someone who hasn't the "guts" to stand up and fight or the "intelligence" to understand the nature of How Things Are. To me you are a typical target of the propoganda machines that attempt, quite often succesfully, to dictate our every action and thought that could be important to society.

You don't like my tone, and I don't like yours. I'm afraid those two facts are utterly irelevant and once again, I would remind you to stick to the subject instead of making this personal. I haven't the inclination to bother with petty insults.

foxy said:
Joko is right (sorry Hector) in that many of the technologies we have around today were *initially* developed with money from a military motivation.

I'd be interested to know which ones specifically. Most of Joko's example were simply wrong.

how can u see editted posts? it was only like that for at most 10 seconds before i thought some admin would probably ban me for saying it. u sat all day pressing refresh? :lol:

Regardless of semantics, or discussions of whether an invention has greater merit at its conception or its utlisation in a war scenario, our points remain quite clear. Yours, and some others', that war benefits humanity by its by-products and mine that those benefits are hardly worth the deaths of those involved.

First sensible thing uv said in the entire thread :thumb:

Joko said:
how can u see editted posts? it was only like that for at most 10 seconds before i thought some admin would probably ban me for saying it. u sat all day pressing refresh? :lol:

I read it in the email notification.

Joko said:
First sensible thing uv said in the entire thread :thumb:

Er...I'm just reiterating what I've already said.