Deadmau5

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

BRaiNRaiN

Crusading against smileyspammers!
Jun 8, 2001
Both Armin van Buuren and Tiesto called him the best producer of 2007 and I totally agree with them.
The Canadian producer lifted electronical music into a whole new dimension in my opinion. He has a recognizable sound that's already being imitated. I've been listening to him quite a while now and I'm still into his songs.

Some Youtube movies:

Deadmau5 - Not Exactly

Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (Deadmau5 Remix)

Deadmau5 - Jaded

Hybrid - Finished Symphony (Deadmau5 Remix)

Deadmau5 - Vanishing Point

Deadmau5 - Faxing Berlin (Chris Lake Edit)

What do you think? :)

When I checked this topic I thought somebody would have a broken computer mouse :lol:.

Tbh, I must say, he does have some nice tunes, but looking at the statement of Tiesto and van Buuren saying that he is the best producer of 2007, is just another question about quantity above quality. He just knows how to make a catchy above-average tune and makes tons of em.

And about people imatating him, who would that be then? It seems to me he is the one imatating the likes of Dominik Eulberg, Gabriel Ananda, Joris Voorn, Gui Borrato, names who have been around for years making similar tunes, just not having brought em to the masses yet...

And come on, a "harder, better, faster, stronger remix" wow as if that hasn't been done for like a million times :p

Last edited:
Tbh, I must say, he does have some nice tunes, but looking at the statement of Tiesto and van Buuren saying that he is the best producer of 2007, is just another question about quantity above quality. He just knows how to make a catchy above-average tune and makes tons of em.

And about people imatating him, who would that be then? It seems to me he is the one imatating the likes of Dominik Eulberg, Gabriel Ananda, Joris Voorn, Gui Borrato, names who have been around for years making similar tunes, just not having brought em to the masses yet...

And come on, a "harder, better, faster, stronger remix" wow as if that hasn't been done for like a million times :p

Fragma - Toca Me (In petto 2008 remix)

that remix was mistaken as a deadmau5 remix and tbh the sound is VERY simular.
and tbh the h,b,f,s remix is one of the better remixed around of that song. I know its an easy song to remix, but doesnt mean it cant be quality? :)

Fragma - Toca Me (In petto 2008 remix)

that remix was mistaken as a deadmau5 remix and tbh the sound is VERY simular.
and tbh the h,b,f,s remix is one of the better remixed around of that song. I know its an easy song to remix, but doesnt mean it cant be quality? :)

Yes indeed, the sound is really similar. Exactly my point, people always copy from eachother, that's how great things come alive. But like I said, it's not that it would be copied from Deadmau5, could be copied from any four to the floor producer..

And really, there are so many much better remixes out from h,b,f,s , I just find it a bit over done, that's all :D

Have you heard the original? It has no need for remixes. Esp remixes that sound nothing like the original. IMO :Xmassmile

I don't agree with that. The further a song is from the original, but still keeps intact some aspects of the original song, plus of course a nice remix deffinitly has a need.

btw havent heard the original? care to gimme a youtube link or somet? :)