Custom user titles

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Martz

Staff member
May 26, 2001
Custom User Titles

Before the upgrade users were able to set their own custom user titles if they had been registered for over 365 days or had made more than 20,000 posts (smark :naughty:).

Now anyone who meets the following criteria will become a Veteran utassault.net user:
  • Registered for more than 365 days
  • Has > 500 posts
  • Has a postive reputation (i.e. not less than 0)
Will get the following extra goodies (shit I know, but we're working on it)
  • 20mb of attachment storage space instead of the standard 5mb
  • The ability to change their own custom user title in your usercp profile which appears below your name in posts.
  • Increased PM message space from 100 PMs to 300 PMs
  • The use of profile pictures and the ability to upload a 150kb, 640x480 (max) image which will appear in your profile.
  • Only other Veteran utassault.net users will be able to see your profile picture.
Updates occur on the hour, so some of you who have been around for a while should find that at some point today you can take advantage of these new bits.

As per usual any weird things or bugs please let me know!

IRC Breaker said:
# Has > 500 posts
ie anyone, lol.

anyway.. with the new forum layout, can veteran users not have an avatar , like uh, 150x150 rather than 100x100 ? :D

yeah i got them, but what does it mean?

maybe every mod gets them...

Should be in action now, was a bit of a nightmare but martz and me pulled it off. :D
215 Veteran Users at this moment in time :)

uta Mods will have to wait till tommorow for us to sort you out thou.

And the icon is part of a plan that we are working on, very early stage atm.

Martz said:
Custom User Titles

20mb of attachment storage space instead of the standard 5mb

does this mean that it is possible 4 a veteran to attach 20mb stuff on a post? Like, the storage space, what is it?

Turha. said:
does this mean that it is possible 4 a veteran to attach 20mb stuff on a post? Like, the storage space, what is it?

Well, 20mb of attachments (images etc) in total throughout the whole forums. Have to test if you can add 20mb of attachments to a post or not :naughty:

Erm.. never knew there were a limit for attachments... or that they are stored for certain users.

What happens when you exceed your quota then? Old attachments are removed or you can't attach files anymore? :confused:

Psychotic said:
Erm.. never knew there were a limit for attachments... or that they are stored for certain users.

What happens when you exceed your quota then? Old attachments are removed or you can't attach files anymore? :confused:

Limits for attachments came in with vB3. Old attachments at the moment must be removed from threads, there is no easy way to do this without being brutal.

indeed that's the only new thing in vB that really sucks

not the fact that you have to ramove old attachments in order to post new one, that's ok

just that it's a nightmare removing them