CTF servers...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

i got pretty sick of ctf becos a lot of ppl were hammering teleporters
and you would have 4 or 5 spawnkillers in your base
sometimes i would die 4 or 5 times in a row before i could get a decent spawn

Thats why i dont like ctf nw
but i love ictf. although there is still a lot of spawnkilling its more fun imo

Well I've hardly played any online CTF but I have played DOM and I love it. It uses t/l too obviously but no matter how much I play DOM i just refuse to be a t/l bunny - chucking it around the map continuously, is this actually fun? Is that why these people are playing DOM? It's just so one-dimensional and boring to play against :( I mean pick up a gun and shoot someone ya wimp lol.

I can see why CTF needs t/l though and I'm having fun making up tricks with it, though the t/l rocket launches don't seem to have the same rules as person rocket launching - like launching a person with 6 rox instead of 1 will get them much further, but launching a t/l with only 1 actually seems to be better :/ I don't mind using the t/l occasionally to get to the odd place or when I run out of weapons but I don't want to be someone for whom it's the primary weapon or tool or whatever - I want to frag people and stuff, not just throw, teleport, throw, teleport over and over.

Anyway I am looking forward to CTF cos it's really fresh coming from AS which has the same bloody 17ish maps and launches and spam and camping lol. Hmm I sound like I don't like AS :) I do but a change is nice and playing both DOM and CTF might breathe new life into UT a bit. Although you won't find me in a DM server...

Need to do telepunting...

throw the tranny up in the air just a foot or two in front of you, let it bounce 1 time and then hit it with your hammer while its in mid-bounce. It may not look like its doing anything. But then go back to your translocator and hit the alt fire to teleport to where it landed. But make sure to give it a few seconds, otherwhise you'll crater... :D

This is especially entertaining on Lava Giant.

Id agree with you on DOM and translocator though. I think DOM without it would be more fun. I dont know what the DOM community thinks though, because I havent consistently been a part of it.

Tele, punting, launching, wotever u wanna call it is lame and banned in most leagues :).

U say u dont wanna just throw tele throw tele throw tele.

Half the skill of ctf is find the best place to throw ur trans then teleport and kill a bad guy, u just gotta be more aware than in assault were u know where ppl are coming from.

I dont know the rules of Euro Leagues. In American Leagues telepunting isnt illegal. Weapon boosting is (launching with deemer and rockets, not sure about hammer and shock though). He asked about public servers, where there is nothign against that :P

I dont bother with it all anyway, I play pretty straight laced CTF.

Someone mentioned tubing as well - I threw my t/l up the hole in the ceiling in CTF-Command to get to the blue flag and apparently that's illegal. Which is bullshit because that must mean there is a limit to the narrowness of any corridor or tunnel you're allowed to throw your t/l along or up or whatever. Is hammer-jumping allowed in CTF? Can see how it would be useful in maps with different levels like Command, Gauntlet, November etc.

almost got banned when dodging through the tube at blue base in ctf-command
they found it lame when "tubing"
well thats pure shit cos blue base is far more easier to defend then red :p:

just cos its slightly easier to defend means the red team shuld be able to cap in 10 seconds? :nono:

Maybe ok for insta but with translocator enabled its well wank.

Ehhm what ctf-servers are u guys talking about ?

I havent found a single ctf server where the skill level is high. I play ctf now and then just bcos they usually suck so much and its fun to own them. Usually they start screaming about this and that when they cant do their usual "no fighting"-routine.

...as i said not ONE ctf-server where ppl have played well. (if we are talking about killing skills).

Maybe i have managed to play on all the noobsterservers.

Gameservers and Jolt 3, Jolt 4 is down alot of the time.

Havent played in a while though, i guess alot of the good players went to 2003?

oh for telepunting i think i do it another way, dont know if there is much difference, but i throw the telething on the floor, so its compltely still. then i get my hammer out and "set" it to the direction i want the tele to go. (tap secondary fire twice, note: u dont need to do any height for this, just look in the direction and maybe a LITTLE up, but its not really needed) then hold down primary fire, crouch and look towards ur tele, crouch towards it, and when ur hammer goes over the top of the translo, it will automatically trigger it. and then the translo goes flying, zoooom. w8 a few seconds, then use ya translacator to see where u landed :p

Yeh hammer jumping is allowed in ctf, its really useful and u can usally cap alot jst by using it, as not many people use it. For example on eternal caves if u get the SB(dont need sb, but helpful if u have it) then attack the red base, u can jump onto the flag, get the flag, then back hammer right away, and ur back at the entrace leading to the roof part. can be done VERY quickly, and def usually dont have a clue :p

and yes tubing is lame, u dont wanna be doing that :p gives an unfair advantage.