CTF servers...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless

Bravo
Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
For anyone who plays CTF, I'm looking for a server which has the following stuff:

- Popular server like the way Orange is for AS
- No bloody relics mutator
- No translocator if possible (dunno if all non iCTF servers have t/l)
- A decent ping for someone from Britain :P

So if anyone knows of a server like this can u please lemme know? Cos I want to play CTF but hate relics and insta. Cheers anyway.

Btw if this is Off Topic sorry.

good luck trying to find a server without translocator
ive never seen one

shame because it ruins the game:(

AnTi said:
Ruins the game ? translocator ? bah trans for CTF is like hammer for AS :P
Indeed, t-loc is prolly the best short range "weapon" in ctf :cftchase:

CTF players dont like assault coz of the hammer, and we dont like CTF coz of the translocator...

its just that you have to learn to use it thats all

Once you learn to use the tranny you'll wonder how you ever moved around without it. I was a long time assault player, ran my own assault clan for years. Slowly started to get into CTF (and if you knew me, I hated the damn translocator with a passion). Now I find that I cant play assault anymore for more than a map or two and its off to play CTF for me. Now I run a CTF only clan, and wonder how I ever played assault. :P

Recomendation: Bind the tranny to a easy key for access (mine is bound to center mouse down now). And turn autoweapon switch to off. And then NEVER run anymore unless you have the flag. Soon within a week or two, it will be natural movement and you'll be having a blast.

I've said this many times b4, but I'll say it again. It's not the movement issue (well it is kinda) of a trans that bother most assault players.

It's tha fact that after grabbing the flag, because the other team uses trans to move everywhere, you need to fight the same defender about 5 times b4 you make it back to the base.

In assault, depending on where you kill a defender, you generally won't have to fight him again b4 you breach the next objective. You may have to fight his team-m8's but they can accept that.

Without the translocator in CTF though, it would be to easy to capture the enemy flag. The translocator allows the defense to catch up to the escaping flag carrier.

what apoc said

i can use it myself
mostly to reach high areas or go through parts of the map i cant by walking

its players that never stop using the damn thing that piss me off immensly

still cant believe it was enabled for bombing run in ut2k3

one last thing
imagine if assault had the translocator...

Boldarblood said:
Without the translocator in CTF though, it would be to easy to capture the enemy flag. The translocator allows the defense to catch up to the escaping flag carrier.

CTF in other games manage it well enough.

Quake
SOF2
ST:Elite Force etc

slimshady said:
what apoc said

i can use it myself
mostly to reach high areas or go through parts of the map i cant by walking

its players that never stop using the damn thing that piss me off immensly

still cant believe it was enabled for bombing run in ut2k3

one last thing
imagine if assault had the translocator...

aye bombing run was killed by the trans, wasnt needed and totaly ruined the gametype for me, shame as it was the only game mode half worth playing hence why i even made a map for it.

I play on Jolt 3/4.

As for translocator, its a just getting used to it. Dont slag it until uv really sat down on a ctf server with good players, just watching wot they do then copying them. Theres quite an art to it and it becomes second nature after a while.

As for killing same defender 5 times, that really depends on the map and how sneaky u are. Alot of ppl think, i got the flag gotta get back to base ASAP .... bollox. I quite often stay in their base for a while, getting full rockets and powerups, then just rocket spam and spawn rape my way back to my flag.

One thing about ctf, u NEED to be shit hot with sniper and shock, the skill level is much higher with them than in AS. Also dont just chase ppl like a n00b, try predict where the flag carrier is heading, and get there first using ur translocator.

The translocator has MADE ctf, never mind ruined it. If it was too easy to cap it would be fuckin borin.

HF with ctf .... it owns :D

You dont need to be shit hot with any weapon just be where the flag carrier will be it's not usually that hard to work out neither then when he comes past ur hiding in some camped lamer place and he's dead bla bla

Why i stopped playing it ass running , yeh it's a noob word but it's piss annoying and publics suck cause of all the people who just dm permantly get amp or shield and mini and go on a rampage killing everyone if trans past them they start following u permantly till either of u is dead kinda sad :/

skill level is much higher with them than in AS. Also dont just chase ppl like a n00b, try predict where the flag carrier is heading, and get there first using ur translocator.

So true man! CTF is more about great anticipation skills than anything. Knowing the cutoff points of the EFC, and being ready to get them there. If you try to follow behind me when I have the flag your as good as dead.

Killing people who are tranny monkeys are easy. Do a combo ahead of there tranny, ez kill. Make your Shock skills a lot more refined quickly.

Joko is also right, the skill level of the players in CTF are alot higher on the average than the assault players. Don't believe me, go play on a top CTF server and check out the players. You dont get the standing still shock combo players ;)

Give CTF a chance, a good few weeks you'll have a blast. And if you do, use the tranny as much as you can to get good at it. You'll soon wonder how you ever lived without it. :)