Crash, Crash

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

McNeill

McMastah
Jun 8, 2001
Aberdeen
Game crashes quite regularly.

Isn't the PC, it's the game.

Crysis on full settings, maxed out, flawless, HL2, TF2, COD4, WoW, UT, UT2K4, Fear.

All of them run without any crashes, yet this game decides to randomly give me a crash, I was wondering if this is something that alot of you are getting.

Also, I disable SLI for this game, if i use SLI game runs like shit.

Game itself, first impression is different, its not UT, if you realise that you will probably enjoy it.

Damn crashes!

Game crashes quite regularly.

Isn't the PC, it's the game.

Crysis on full settings, maxed out, flawless, HL2, TF2, COD4, WoW, UT, UT2K4, Fear.

All of them run without any crashes, yet this game decides to randomly give me a crash, I was wondering if this is something that alot of you are getting.

Also, I disable SLI for this game, if i use SLI game runs like shit.

Game itself, first impression is different, its not UT, if you realise that you will probably enjoy it.

Damn crashes!

i think the new skinns crashes you:P

I just noticed something subZ, we both have X-FI sound card.

Have you got sound hardware enabled?

I did, I haven't had time to test, but try disable hardware sound.

I just noticed something subZ, we both have X-FI sound card.

Have you got sound hardware enabled?

I did, I haven't had time to test, but try disable hardware sound.
Yea I do, will try disabling it.

Would really suck if that is what is causing the crashes.
As if we didn't have enough problems with the x-fi :P

Would really suck if that is what is causing the crashes.
As if we didn't have enough problems with the x-fi :P

i use the older soundcard audigy2

well disabling audio hardware has resulting in no crashes as of yet.

I wont jinx and say its fixed, but seems x-fi yet again with audio issues.

Right, this didn't do bug all.

However, setting the post-processing mode from Intense to Vivid did the job for me, played around 10 maps through with no crashing.
(And that's with Hardware acceleration and OpenAL enabled).

Lots of problems with creative products on vista. In fact, to be really honest, you should avoid buying any creative in the future. As much as i'd hate to do that - I have always used creative since my 1st soundcard - the company is not so reliable anymore and their future is uncertain at this point. I also have creative but i just consider myself lucky not having any problems with it because i should.

There are a lot of issues with X-Fi and any games.. anything which uses punkbuster and enables hardware audio rendering ends up with crashes.. something to do with dodgy latency on the pci bus of the cards