Cooking Question :)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Tomato... Fruit or Vegetable?

• Total voters

Se7en

=[FDC]=
Jan 4, 2002
To help settle a dispute of mine with a uta friend ;)...

Tomato...

Fruit or Vegetable?

Discuss! ;)

greetz /nick

Can be classed as either apex its inbetween im sure, but i always been told itsa fruit cant remember for what reason!

Btw wanted to keep it anonymous just incase u got offended vin :) by making it public dispute was only thinking of you :) Wuv you really vinnie :)

do u really think that it's a fruit or are u just pissing about ?:lol:

I stand with mughi, you vege dudes cant prove me wrong with that evidence, cheers jen :)

fruit tends to get put in pies, ie apple pie personly i don't fancy a tomato pie

just cos its got it seeds on the inside don't mean nowt, think of the poor nanna its now classed as a herb and the strawberry is classed as a fruit and thats got its seeds on the outside.

Pretty confusing tbh, just wish money grew on trees myself.

Its a fruit because you eat the fleshy part that contains the seed, same as cucmbers, courgettes, etc.
It generally gets called a vegetable coz its not sweet, just so ppl dont get confused and try to make a dessert with them :rolleyes:

Ajax said:
fruit tends to get put in pies, ie apple pie personly i don't fancy a tomato pie

just cos its got it seeds on the inside don't mean nowt, think of the poor nanna its now classed as a herb and the strawberry is classed as a fruit and thats got its seeds on the outside.

Pretty confusing tbh, just wish money grew on trees myself.

carrot pie :rolleyes: or is that a fruit 2?