Conduct towards Players and Admins

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redd

Mar 6, 2002
Glasgow Scotland
For those of you who dont know. I don't play in a UTASSAULT League Team! Feel free to consider my opinion null and viod and leave now.

Still here? Good.

I hate to say it but having been hanging around here for some time now the general degradation in attitude towards fellow players and league admins dismays me.

FYI and by way of demonstrating just how lenient your league admins are to you lot. here are excerpts from the Code of Cunduct rules from one of the gaming leagues I play in.

NBT Rules of Conduct

The following are rules that are generally expected of most adults in all walks of life. A certain level of maturity is required to be a part of the NBT community.

Admins: You will follow the instructions of authorized personnel while in NBT servers or on the Official NBT Forums. Authorized Personnel may include (but not limited to): League Admins, Server Admins, & Forum Moderators.

The Rules: You will not taunt or otherwise encourage other players to violate any NBT or game rules. You will not allow another player to taunt you into violating any NBT or game rules. NBT Rules are to be upheld at all times, by all members.

Cheating: Cheating in ALL forms are strictly forbidden. In the game, in the automation, in comms, wherever. Any player found intentionally cheating will be banned from NBT-Mercs. This includes exploiting any bugs in the game itself to obtain an unfair advantage over your opponents.
Cheating Accusations: Should you feel that someone is cheating, you MUST have proof. At that point you will contact NBT Administration with said proof. No public announcements on the forums, IRC or emails. NBT Admins will then make a determination on the nature of the proof, and what action will be taken.

Cursing & Offensive Remarks: You may not use any offensive, sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable remarks. You will not use partial masking in order to use inappropriate words that would otherwise be in violation of the rules. [Note: If we can tell what word you are trying to mask, and the word is in violation of the rules, then the partially masked word is in violation of the rules. Hint: Try using cartoon speak when you really want to say something naughty. "I am &^%^$% lost!" This is an example of complete masking and is acceptable.]

Gloating, Whining & Pouting: People win. People lose. This is a game. Winners are suppossed to be proud of their accomplishments, but not to the detriment of the members and morale of the other unit. On the other hand, when a battle is lost there is no excuse for stalking off or sulking as a result. Learn from your mistakes and move on. Let the other team know it was a "Good Game" and continue playing. Basically this comes down to a certain level of maturity on the part of the members of the league.

Attitudes & Egos: These will not be tolerated in NBT. Each of us is here to have fun. People with massive egos, chips on their shoulders, or just bad attitudes are a waste of the admins time as well as that of other units. If you are not here to have fun, and allow others to do the same, you are in the wrong place, and need to move on.

Players that violate the NBT Rules of Conduct may be subject to the temporary suspension of their NBT Play Rights as well as permanent banning if so determined by League Admins.

Lastly, please understand that all of the Administrators of this league volunteer their time, talents and, sometimes even money to make this work. We are all adults and can take constructive criticism and suggestions, but if you just want to gripe and whine – you’re in the wrong league.

These rules are actually enforced!!! New players to the league get a shock at first when they are banned from the next match for swearing in chat.

Players either learn to follow the rules or their clan leader is involved by the league admins. If the CL doesnt get a handle on it then the team is fined a percentage of their points.

Further abuse leads to the player being banned from the league matches.

Any of you who think this is draconian - it leads to a mature competitive league, and enforcement is rarely required.

This league is about the same size as UTA.

The long and short of it. Try and raise the level of maturity please. Stop abusing each other and you will never see someting like this in UTA.

League admins - if it doesnt stop feel free to cut and paste for the above into the the UTA league rules.

LAter

Redd

let me guess, this is a US league? :lol:

Ffs, nawh most of that is BS imho, most of us here enjoy the flames and swearing so you can f00k right off with them rules...

:rofl: Any people actually play in this league?!

Fuck me I'm all for people acting in the appropriate manor and not being offensive to others, but those rules take 90% of the fun out of playing! M8s swear and gloat at each other all the time when playing, it's part of the bantar :D It only becomes a problem when things are said intentionally to upset someone else. But by ruling out the whole lot you are taking away the fun as well as the abuse.

I'd compare those rules to a person having a frontal labotomy - yes you have cut out all the bad parts but you've also taken a lot of the good with it :rolleyes: You'll excuse me if I stick with UTAS for now :D

You will not use partial masking in order to use inappropriate words that would otherwise be in violation of the rules. [Note: If we can tell what word you are trying to mask, and the word is in violation of the rules, then the partially masked word is in violation of the rules. Hint: Try using cartoon speak when you really want to say something naughty. "I am &^%^$% lost!" This is an example of complete masking and is acceptable.]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
yeh rite!

nm me lol.. different red ;)

the rules you posted should be good in an ideal world.. too bad we aint and it wouldnt work in a league like this... besides the league has managed for 3-4 years..

Last edited:
^%$^$ off with ur $%£ we like to swear you $£"$"£
:x

The league is fine how it is, and the admins do an amazing job.

Ajax said:
god can you just imagine skulls match reports if this was put into action ?

jolly good show by xxxx,i can only apologise for our poor performence in tonights match,u were extremely more mature in ur gameplay than us and i hope 1 day to reach the same level of proffesional gameplay that u have now,maybe if u got time we could have a chat about ways we could improve any advice from such wonderful players as ur self would be more than welcome.

thx again for the lesson xxxx

yeah right :moon:

sKull said:
jolly good show by xxxx,i can only apologise for our poor performence in tonights match,u were extremely more mature in ur gameplay than us and i hope 1 day to reach the same level of proffesional gameplay that u have now,maybe if u got time we could have a chat about ways we could improve any advice from such wonderful players as ur self would be more than welcome.

thx again for the lesson xxxx

yeah right :moon:

:rofl: :lol:
rotf.gif
exclaim.gif
exclaim.gif
exclaim.gif
exclaim.gif

Hmm that swearing rule wud be kinda "cute", but hey really.. :spit: NOT

this one would have an angle IMO:
"Cheating Accusations: Should you feel that someone is cheating, you MUST have proof. At that point you will contact NBT Administration with said proof. No public announcements on the forums, IRC or emails"

would save our admins from tons of shite.

..but that swearing rule... uh.. erm.. is a joke, right?

Given that we can do very little about mercing, I can't see anything being changed to this extent. I'm not sure I would like those sorts of restrictions on speech myself, either, but that's just me. The one I really do like is this:

If you are not here to have fun, and allow others to do the same, you are in the wrong place, and need to move on.

Thing is, that's the one element that (imo) detracts from UTAS more than any other. The fact that we have a small section of the community who seem to get more fun out of ruining other people's enjoyment of the game than they do from playing the damn thing. :(

I think the biggest thing that this shows is the difference between the strategy type gaming leagues and the fps ones...

Strategy games that involve a much greater degree of patience to play to a higher level will always attract people with a bit more maturity, and I guess more willing to have stricter rules: there are more complex and tight rules within the games, so I think the more restrictive league rules fall more easily in line with the mindset of the players.

A quick look around the forums, and it's fairly obvious that the UT community doesn't exactly match that description, to put it mildly.

Status
Not open for further replies.