CD Writer problems......

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Suicidal

Here to inspire...
Jun 25, 2001
Tower of Babel
When I first installed my CD writer it all worked perfectly, but now I am starting to have problems with it.

The main trouble is that it will not burn .ISO or .BIN files, it seems to work fine, it says the burn has completed sucessfully, but the disk comes out corrupt and the drive will not recognoise it. It is the same in both of my CD drives.

I know the ISO files are not corrupt as they work fine with DEAMON tools (a virtual CD Rom drive).

The CD Writer will burn normal files, just not ISO's or BIN's.

I used Nero 5.4.4.0 and CDRwin 4.0, niether will work. I have even upgraded Nero to 5.5.8.0 and still no joy.

I have tried many different things all with no luck. I got some RW CD's as it was killing loads of CDR's, but after i burnt the ISO it killed that disk too, I am now longer able to format it.

It also will not recognised 800mb CDR's and just says they are 700mb.

I am running Win2k if that is any help.

I have run out of things to try, I am going to need to format my drive soon, so i need to clear it of all the crap i have on there.

I need help. (in more ways than one)

never had a problem with iso`s :( you got overburn on ? also try missing with data mode 2 options tell it to write and read uncorected, I also have never had a 800mb cd read as a 800mb but 700mb ones and overburn (disk at once) normal work fine, heck if i can burn 780mb iso to an 700mb disk with my crappy 4 speed you shouldn`t have any problems.

My Plextor CDRW drive won't read the media it writes too, which is weird... I wish I could help, my only advice is that you get the most up to date Nero you can (you might already be using it..)

It's not only my CD writer that won't read it, but my DVD player won't read it either, and they both used until until 3 weeks ago.

I have upgraded to the latest Nero, but it hasn't helped.

Maybe some of my Nero settings are wrong, as I am no expert at this and don't really know what they should be set to.

Hm freaky, update ur aspi layers to 4.70 avail here:

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/drivers_by_product.html?cat=/Product/ASPI-4.70

Update your firmware for the drive too here:

http://perso.club-internet.fr/farzeno/firmware/

Id install a proper version of nero (icq me if u want one) I just got the 401240 plextor, I was using 5.5.7.2 Nero cracked and when burning my CPU usage was 90-100% Uninstalled and installed the Plextor version I got with my cdrw and it worked fine. Not the same prob as u have but u never know it might help.

whoops just read

"Now the peice of shit has stopped buring anything, fs

I have only had it 2 months"

lol take it back :P

"780mb iso to an 700mb disk with my crappy 4 speed you shouldn`t have any problems.
"

NO WAY!

About your problem, i got that 2 when i installed a m8 plextor for him,im pretty sure how ever that it will be solved when i uninstall then reinstall nero. I had the same problem on my sony4x a few times, and it comes from moving cables and rebooting or soemthing that way.

check the cableing then reinstall nero.