Car Pick Thread :D

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Sobo you at least have TUV approval to add modifications in germany, we can strap any old rubbish to our cars in UK without a problem whether its safe or not. NOS for example isnt legal on public roads but its fine to drive around with, likewise exhaust loudness is also limited but your more likely to get pulled up for having too dark tints on your front windows than anything else and even that depends on if you drive like a tit or not.

340bhp in a front wheel drive is a bit over the top, great for drags but how drivable would it be. I know theres a few cars in the vag family (area im interested in as I have an S3) that have been tuned to run over 300bhp and they have a lot of problems putting the power down, some resorting to racelogic TCS to get some controlability back. Its a great bragging figure and (no offence meant) this is what these cars are all about, its not the drivability its purely the showoff aspect or pub bragging rights :)

im a bit happy useless stuff like front window tint or NOS is highly illegal seeing some idiots behind a wheel.

anyway theyll just wear sunglasses at night then :shake:

@sobo: E92 is the new 3er's coupe version, E90 is the sedan and yes, they do look rather different, especially from the rear.

And that crackkings 6er... mmm, just without the silly US style safety bumber and some BBS RS wheels = :drool:

nos is not street legal here either it an explosion hazard or so my insurance company says :(

as for the body kit every12 except humph is entitleed to an opinion :)

im gonna need to take it somewhere to give it a proper run!! germany seems like a good choice :)

and yes all coupes are front wheel drive very heavy on tyres but they handle very well (talking from experiance of 140mph any faster and ill prolly need to take a change of jeans anyway ) :lol:

Last edited:
MeetYourMaker said:
Sobo you at least have TUV approval to add modifications in germany, we can strap any old rubbish to our cars in UK without a problem whether its safe or not. NOS for example isnt legal on public roads but its fine to drive around with, likewise exhaust loudness is also limited but your more likely to get pulled up for having too dark tints on your front windows than anything else and even that depends on if you drive like a tit or not.

340bhp in a front wheel drive is a bit over the top, great for drags but how drivable would it be. I know theres a few cars in the vag family (area im interested in as I have an S3) that have been tuned to run over 300bhp and they have a lot of problems putting the power down, some resorting to racelogic TCS to get some controlability back. Its a great bragging figure and (no offence meant) this is what these cars are all about, its not the drivability its purely the showoff aspect or pub bragging rights :)

i agree with that statement whole heartedly!!!

im now one of those annoying drivers who stop just before a road hump and crawl over the damn thing ive even had to get out and check clerance but thats the whole point its fun!!!!!! with a capital F !! the only reason it has so much BHP is to put loser in novas in place at traffic lights its not meant to corner at 150mph its a showcar and thats what it won max power for!! 2 years running !!! even best ICE !! and if its good enough for max power its good enough for me!

Attachments

• db_max04_02311.jpg
    db_max04_02311.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 83
  • db_max04_02321.jpg
    db_max04_02321.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 85
  • db_max04_09411.jpg
    db_max04_09411.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 84
  • db_mxlondon04_3101.jpg
    db_mxlondon04_3101.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 84
  • maxpower063.jpg
    maxpower063.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 86
-CrackKing- said:
In a front wheel drive car???????
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Be interested to know what they have done to the chassis to accomodate that kind of power... ?
Clarkson once poked fun at Saab engineers who made a 225bhp 9-5 2.3t and when questioned what kind of horse power a FWD chassis can take, they said 225 :lol:

edit: Just noticed it has the same Momo steering wheel as me :D

well im glad u liked one thing ;)

Like i said (read post above ) its more for the accleration me thinks :)

my dads car is best :D Renault laguna :o sounds like a tank to be honest with blown exhaust :rofl: o well, shit happens.

This is not starcraft, cars should look normal...
Carlsson is the shit, they know how it should look like =)

No no no, my 100 horse super ford focus untuned edition is more than enough to park all yer shitty cars. Really