Car Pick Thread :D

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

but the stopping distance is also not influenced by weight this much:

heavier cars can use stronger brakes without sliding, because theres more weight on the tires.

As for dream cars dump that modern shite and behold:

The Alpina B12 5,7 Coupe:
B12.jpg

BMW M1:
bmwM181.jpg

Ruf CTR1 Yellowbird(which whips the shite out of most nippon racers anyhow):
yellowbird8.jpg

The BMW Csl 'Batmobile':
gr2k39b.jpg

Alpina B10 Biturbo:
b10biturbo.jpg

Mercedes W126 SEC:
tetu560sec.jpg

And this what I drive: http://www.btcf.fi/cars/137/R_PICT0056.jpg

Last edited:
Ba]V[sE said:
Nice car to have with 2 kids and a wife with no income :lol:

:satan:

nah ive got two kids and a partner and id still never been seen in an old volvo or even a new one for that matter i own a hyundai coupe my way of thiking is get the best car u can while the kids r small cuz im soon as they are teenagers they wont fit in it ( 3 year old is already over a 1.15m tall!) !!
also its cheaper to insure my coupe than it was to insure my mondeo ( may have something to do with age and 5 years no claims but not the point it used to cose me £800 a year insurance for the mondeo and less than £500 a year now for my coupe go figure!!

Last edited:
there is nice volvos also

sniz6sd.jpg

volvo_s60r2002_04_250.jpg

With 300bhp and 400Nm of torque, the new R-concept S60 R model offer abundant performance.
:satan:

That car is fine till you stick the volvo badge on the front.

Personally cant see why anyone would want a volvo like that, rear passengers are gonna moan about space and then whats the point of a volvo that is only for 2 ppl :hangover:

Mistress said:
nah ive got two kids and a partner and id still never been seen in an old volvo or even a new one for that matter i own a hyundai coupe my way of thiking is get the best car u can while the kids r small cuz im soon as they are teenagers they wont fit in it ( 3 year old is already over a 1.15m tall!) !!
also its cheaper to insure my coupe than it was to insure my mondeo ( may have something to do with age and 5 years no claims but not the point it used to cose me £800 a year insurance for the mondeo and less than £500 a year now for my coupe go figure!!

Is that one sentence? :p:

sobo said:
disclaimer:

thei weight of your car has *nearly* no impact on top-speed. :rolleyes:

Also in that generation tolerances were much higher for the engines, so it is well possible that theres such a big difference in top speed Fury.

thank god somebody was actually bothered to listen in physics...

Hmm personally, apart from launches (compared to awd) rwd drives very well, if you have a car for which you can adjust throttle very good with the pedal.
i thought BMWs handled very well tbh.