can a comp be too good for UT ?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

GUN

Oct 22, 2001
Zanzibar
Ok i get the feeling of beeing very drunk when i look from side to side when i play UT with my new comp. What settings should i use ? I just dont have a clue, maby the best thing is to buy a comp that is older ? My system specs are:
Dell XPS 600 with

Intel? Pentium? D Processor 840(3.20Ghz, 2x1MB cache, 800MHz FSB,

2048MB DDR2 667 [4*512]

Dual nVidia(R) GeForce(TM) 7800GTX graphics cards

Dell 20" UltraSharp? Flat Panel with Height Adj Stand (2001FP)

And i know that im sober, but still.......:( comp suxxors :hangover:
________
Vicodin Rehab Dicussion

Last edited:
what you describe sounds you have the wrong FOV set? :D
try console "fov 90"

i use fov 130 and im always trashed either way so i always feel extra drunk playing. Keep it that way its fun :lol:

Are you using opengl or d3d? - Seems OpenGL is the best for most ppl - make sure u have the latest opengl.dll for UT - search the forums if u cant find it.

Have you got vsync enabled? - Normally plays best with it set to True in settings (this actually means its off)

Are you playing off or online? - Offline sometimes youll have the game running at the same speed as ur FPS - so itll speed up and slow down, can be a bit weird

What resolution? - Try and use the one native to ur monitor

etc etc

open gl yes, dunno if its the newest tho.

v-sync is enabled

does the same both online and offline, but sometimes online other players look like skaters just sliding on one leg :rofl:
________
Ass shemale

Last edited:
GUN said:
open gl yes, dunno if its the newest tho.

v-sync is enabled

does the same both online and offline, but sometimes online other players look like skaters just sliding on one leg :rofl:

sounds like you have hi res textures installed some servers do not support them

copy texture folder from cd1 to the ut folder and overwrite the hi res textures

dont delete the tex folder in ut otherwise you will delete non standard textures from the other maps you have installed