Cameraaaaaa

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Vitz¥^

=]????[=
Feb 11, 2002
Wynyard
postin here for maximum coverage as it were....

My folks wanna buy a new digi camera for a trip around the west coast of scotland to take photo's and stuff, their budget is around £300 (dont necessarily have spend that much tho) just wanna know what the best ones out there are... they will need to have enough memory to cover 2 weeks worth of photo's so ideally, prolly 100 pics or so...
My dad does a lot of sailing as well, so ideally (not essentially) it should be water proof...
oh, and fairly easy to use, not too many complex buttons and stuff :lol:

Anyone got any suggestions...??

many thanks in advance :thumb:

canon digital ixus 60 (others are the same with less or more pixels ;) )

I bought it for a trip too, and it's great. It takes quick shots. Most non-relfex cams are a pain in the ass when it comes to speed, but this one is really good imo (I have a digital reflex too). The battery pack lasts and operation is really easy. Should be around the 300 pounds...

Nikon D50 Digi SLR will be around on the net for just over 300 i think... used to have the D70 and it was fantastic. Highly recommend Nikon

Fuji cameras are good. Canon are good as well.

What ever you do, get at least 512 Mb memory card to go with it. Preferably 1 Gb.

Canon :thumb: My trusty A-75 is still going strong. Flash memory prices are very low atm so get a nice big 2gb card for whatever you buy ! :)

Can get the Canon A540 for £175. Uses normal AA batteries (3x) and SD memory cards. On a trip around France I took 209 pictures using the LCD screen and a 3 minute avi (good quality too) on 1 set of AA batteries. The A540 has a larger screen, which can be tuned off when taking pics, but its easier to use it but might use the batteries a bit quicker.

The beauty of the Canons is that while in "Auto" mode you can just point & click, but when you want to get a bit creative you can alter all the techno babble stuff like exposure and shutterspeed etc

Ebuyer have Viking 2GB SD cards for £28 !!

Last edited:
Olympus cameras own.

I've got one, stunning quality and piss easy to use. (Olympus C765)

What specs they need depends on use, mines got 10x optical zoom, like view pics and sports pics, so its useful to me, as digi zoom is pointless.
Depending on how big print outs they want depends on how many MP's, if your not going past 9x6 then you don't need more than 4mp, most cameras now are like 5+ but if they arent doing big print outs dont pay more for more MPs, as your not gonna notice the difference.

Some pics below I've taken at a roughly quarter size.

Also Olympus use XD cards, which are tiny and store loads at high quality, I've got a 1gb card in there atm which will do about 900 photos on the highest JPEG setting. 2288*1712

edit: also I prefer the lith-ion batteries, I keep 2 with my camera and alternate them, cba with having to recharge 4*AAs everytime.

Attachments

• P7090188.jpg
    P7090188.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 51
  • Flower.jpg
    Flower.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 50
  • MWalker2.jpg
    MWalker2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 49
thx for responses guys :D

they going shoppin for it tomorrow... well at least they gonna buy it tomorrow, will pass on the info :D