Cad

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

20090114.jpg
I call BSG reference! Sort of.. :hangover:

edit: I bet hes gonna 'espload and then turn up a couple of lame comics later!

20090116.jpg

Dreamz comd true ² :rofl: I WIN!! :rofl:

PS:

Crash landing
06:01 AM - Friday, January 16, 2009 - by Tim

**Warning: Comic Spoiler Ahead**

Well, that's that for this issue of Space Archaeologist. Out of eight possible endings, two were "to-be-continued" endings, and I really didn't expect to end up at this one. I thought for sure that given Ethan's broken arm and general ineptitude people would vote to wait for Mach's help. Still, it leads us to an interesting idea I have for issue three later on this year, and the decisions made in this issue will continue to effect Ethan in different ways.

After the first Choose Our Adventure story, many people pointed out that I had riddled the story tree with death options, so much so that it would be terribly difficult to have made it to an ending on a first try. I was probably caught up in the novelty of the whole idea, and the concept that we could lead Ethan to a gruesome death. However it becomes difficult to get any kind of story going if Ethan is constantly dying, so I took that into consideration this time around.

However, there's still a little ways to go as I try and find a balance between telling a story and giving the audience options to direct the story. The gimmick really does work best in book-form where you can go back and choose a different option, but I feel confident that we can find a way for it to work with a democratic voting system.

Eventually I will create one of these for a book, so that everyone can make their own choices, and read all of the options, but before I do I want to get a little more practice on them, get a better grasp of the mechanics.

Last edited: