Burning DVD's in a 1 gig machine?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

jwer_NL

***YODA***
Oct 18, 2001
GRUN OWNS
My sister has an AMD 1 gig machine, with 256 ram and 40 gig HD, now if she would want to burn DVD's and video-edit some home stuff, would it be okay to just buy a DVD burner, and then in the near future more disc space and perhaps 256 extra ram, or should she just go for a completely new machine?

I mean, would it run, would it run without taking days?

It won't take days. I think you're using Win XP?
If you use a decent burning program like Alcohol 120% it shouldnt be any problem.
It depends on the writing speed of the DVD burner aswell.
But I think it would run without taking days yes :P

Yeah okay, but i think the process from gettin from 40 gig rough home video to 4 gig burnable DVD would take a shitload of time...

Dunno if this helps, but I did a bunch of video editing on a 1.4 Celeron (I think) Dell laptop with 256 ram and a 20GB HD using Premiere 6.5 and a firewire link to my camera and it worked fine. No dropped frames, real time editing and review , the lot. I ended up with some fairly monster files which I bluetoothed to my uber desktop (overnight...soooo slow) and burned from there to a 2 speed DVD. I would have thought that as long as the HD can send the data to the DVD quick enough to keep the cache full, you would have no problem.

Would work fine with that machine, even though specs are low, but that is a min recommendation

The only problem will be the speed of encoding, but i wouldnt expect it to be to much longer

Use DVD Shrink :)

i have the same comp downstairs and it still runs fine considering it is old as fuck
got a spare 256 mb sdram 133 if you need it gimme a shout