Bring back siege 3 vote #3.....

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Should Siege 3 be put back on #utapug maplist

• Total voters
brajan said:
Well the number of 'No' votes says all HTML. If still can't see it go see the doctor man.

I think

http://home.arcor.de/kaliske/siege3guide_col.pdf

I can already

ggz5im.jpg

go see a doctor

oopsididitagain9rj.jpg

because of that.

Aha. You starting to annoy even me with your Siege3 obsession.
For the last time:
Most guys here don't wanna play this map, nevertheless how many guides or walkthoughs you write. Live with it damnit.
It's useless to play a map that will never ever enter the league, has fps issues, is boring, is too big and is no fun.

And, like alrdy zillion times said, you can't force anyone to love or like this map. But i've my doubts that you are able to realise that.

LocoMouse said:
btw wtf why do i have an afganistan flag behind my name me aint no terrorist
take a look here:
http://forums.utassault.net/profile.php?do=editprofile
scroll down and change the option Country:
(Your country. This will display a flag of your chosen country by your nickname)

Last edited:
lol html your screens only shows that you don't have a real life ... honestly ... look at vote results:
9 YES vs 20 NO

Good job with map tutorial but still ppl don't like it.

EOT

Lord_M should just edit it or allow it being edited.... :(
because imo the main problems are:

1) the map is too big for our beloved 6v6 play.
- complexity (remove stuff on the front court and make it more plain like in siege2)
- the building on the left can be removed completely. the front door switch could then trigger the center doors.
- hidden routes (just remove some. atm attackers have too many options.)
- belts (remove all but one or two)
- balcony. there should be none. a launchee should have to go in or fall down.
- more?
that way, the map would way easier to learn.

2) because of 1) ppl dunno the map and if the other team does, that team will win fast pissing the other team off making them think the map sucks ( just... causing them a bad feeling about this new map )
( don't slap me for that :P )
if 1) was resolved, 2) maybe would resolve, too.

soooo does anyone know how to contact Lord_M?
cuz imo the map has a lot of potential. and if this whole argument had not taken place and the map had already been edited, maybe one day we would have played that map just like we play deso and sub now.

oh and btw im pretty sure 80 to 90% of the people who voted no couldnt answer correctly 2 basic questions about siege 3. Like what does objective "x" do, or what does "x" message means.

Its like if on balli u didnt knew what "sniper nest breached by a jumper" message meant and you think the map is crap bcuz ppl get warhead b4 gen.

of course u can say u cba to learn it cuz its not league, but then it will never be league if no one plays it ever... i see a vicious circle there

cba cuz not league ==> no one plays new maps ==> not gonna be added ==> cba cuz not league etc...

so gl adding new maps...

Siege3 isnt be played because it isn't a leagie map. It ain't played because most people dont like it.
And i can't understand why you don't respect that.

Well i see your point with the new maps issue, but you've to accept that most people dont like it or dont wanna learn it.
And even if you know all objectives, i know many people (includinhg me) who still don't like it, coz of it's weird and boring architecture.
Maybe if Siege3 had less probs, the map would have been more accepted, but it has too many and deserves the bad map image.

Do we need this map? No, we've plenty other exciting / better maps anyway.

Should we edit it? Why? Is it worth the effort or will the map still be called as bad map? I suppose even if you solve all probs this map won't lose his bad image.
So let it die in Peace.

Last edited:
html said:
oh and btw im pretty sure 80 to 90% of the people who voted no couldnt answer correctly 2 basic questions about siege 3. Like what does objective "x" do, or what does "x" message means.

Its like if on balli u didnt knew what "sniper nest breached by a jumper" message meant and you think the map is crap bcuz ppl get warhead b4 gen.

of course u can say u cba to learn it cuz its not league, but then it will never be league if no one plays it ever... i see a vicious circle there

cba cuz not league ==> no one plays new maps ==> not gonna be added ==> cba cuz not league etc...

so gl adding new maps...
Guess why? PEOPLE HATE THE MAP, THATS WHY!

I played dungeon beta and i know the objectives, guess why ;)

What hardcore said, why not try and change some things and see if it gets any better, why not ? it is worth a shot!

cyber-m said:
What hardcore said, why not try and change some things and see if it gets any better, why not ? it is worth a shot!
because LordM won't give permission

Farac|ÐÏ˧ËL said:
you actually learned the map? :P
Why learn a map when you don't like it? I have played the map enough and yes i do know where the objectives are and yes it sucks donkey cock :p