Brightness

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Champ`

The Champ is here!!
Jan 12, 2005
i iz From Jamaica
hi i have recently reformatted my pc and now UT works better than before actually , but i can't change the brightness.
i use openGL and have latest openGL.dll and got a Radeon 9600XT. i can change the brightness in Direct3D but not OpenGL any ideas ? thx

With my last two Ati cards I used Direct3d too. My previous Nvidia cards I used that also.
My current nvidia works atm better with opengl in UT. As far as I can remember that problem you have I solved that times with Direct3D but wasnt able to solve it with another game that time too. CSS was always to dark beside a sound problem too.

Why do you like to use Opengl if Direct3d works?

Last edited:
That's a known issue. ATI broke OpenGL support some time ago. I personally never fixed it on my ATI when i had x700 and x800.

You can try to talk with MyM. He used to have some sort of hacked ati driver with opengl fixed. I don't have it anymore as it didn't worked for me but yuo can try.