Bioshock

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

already some ppl who managed to finish the game, how many playing hours does this game have, is it a short one ?

I haven't played it, but from what I've read it's probably short because:

- it's very linear, like Undying, so everythign you do furthers the game right away, unless you choose to read all the literature, etc.

- the combat is pretty easy, especially since you tecnically can't die, so even novices won't find it too difficult to blast through sooner or later.

Well, HL was a bit above standard, but no way it would take more than 20 hours, even the first time on hard.

You want a long, hard game, play Stalker. I've been playing it all day and I'm still inching my around the Agropom Institute. Fkin incredible, but really satisfying when you finally complete one of the many, many missions :D

downloaded, tryed, deleted :P

hate those dark game where u can't see shit

Fun? My brother owns it but never tried it out.

If you mean Stalker, then yes, it's great if you like games like Soldier Of Fortune 2 or Call Of Duty. It's like SOF2 crossed with Morrowind, but infinitely more tense and atmospheric. It's tough too, not like Morrowind where you reach level 35 and nothing in the game can harm you any more.

Yeah you can wander around and go where you like, as long as you can survive. There's folk everywhere with sub-missions, and most of those are exciting to do (none of this go-here-talk-to-this-guy-and-bring-back-this-fucking-kettle pish from Morrowind). Some of the enemies are pretty tough (soldiers, bandits, terrifying monsters) and even the least dangerous areas can still be hazardous. You have to know when to run, when to sneak and when to go blasting through with shotguns and grenades. On many of the main missions you spend a lot of time tiptoeing around warehouses, labs, military bases listening for the scuff of boots around a corner, or zooming in with binoculars to check if that's a sniper's head poking up in the distance. This was the funnest part of SOF2 and Stalker does it better and without the bugs.

There's no fast travel like in Morrowind and Oblivion, so you do have to run everywhere, and the Zone is pretty big. Fortunately your guy runs very fast, though you need to take food to keep your energy up.