Best game of all time?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

BAH FFS, this is actually mc, my pc is fu<ked hence im on my brothers pc and his account :(

Doom 1.

No doubts for me, and thats including UT.

Doom was waaaaaaay ahead of its time, and made the greatest technological and graphical advances ever. Changed the face and future of FPS games forever, and no other game has had the impact on the market Doom did, especially multiplayer link-up. Fs it was made in 1993!!

Well if it can't be UT then there's only 1 other choice for me

Goldeneye on the N64

Loved that game to bits pld it loads single player never got bored of it and played it equally as much in multiplayer.

both Duke Nukem 3d and Doom still get pld at LANs over the newer games ;) DN3d was first network game i ever pld, ownz

goldeneye was ownage as well, if u liked it should try time splitters 2, its similar (released quite recently)

Tekken Series for ps/ps2 (but only coz Mael was my opponent - vs the computer was boring after a while)

Edit: One of our entire summers was spent playin Tekken 2 on the ps. Ohh it wasn't even funny who well we knew that game. It was never a question of who could do what moves, it was only a matter of who could read each other's fight patterns the best.

Alas, Mael always had the edge on me when it came to that, but I never once get tired of playing it. I don't think any other game has ever done that for me. :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by «)Fîrë$±ørm(»
descent 1 :thumb:

ooohhh descent 1! that was the first lan game I pld. oohhh what fun, 2 & 3 were never as good

Thinking only PC games now.....

best game :\ depends what mood I'm in

may be first leisure suit larry,or first mech warrior, hmmmm many hours on F19 stealth fighter, Doom 1, or hexen :\ spent may hours of my Phd playing sim city 2000, (sim city 4 is a cracker)

what shall it be.....

FFS it has to be UT assault. no game has kept me interested soooo long (u cant exclude that!!!)

but if u have to exclude it....

Descent 1!!!!!

pld Fire, u have gr8 taste :D

Fuckin tough one this is.

If I have to name 1, I think it will be System Shock II - PC.

but games that have kept me superglued to the Joystick/Keyboard/Mouse/Controller from start to finish also include:

Civilisation - Amiga
SpeedBall II - Amiga
Dune II - Amiga
Frontier - Amiga
FreeSpace - PC
Deus Ex - PC
Serious Sam (I & II) - PC
MOHAA - PC
Splinter Cell - X-Box

I've never felt "compelled" to play multiplayer games as I have really good single player games but the best multiplayer games i've played would be:

Duke Nukem 3D
Descent
Terminal Velocity
Battlezone
C&C Red Alert
Total Annihilation

I'm sure there are more i'll remember soon :D

Zelda : Ocarina of Time N64

Others that have kept me hooked for ages :

Turrican 2 : Amiga
Captive : Amiga
Hunter : Amiga
Diablo 2 : PC
Castlevania - Symphony of the night : Playstation
Mario 64 : N64
Goldeneye : N64

Last edited:
who knows

when you're really bored and got a few friends over nothing beats mario kart on NES or N64 or road rage on xbox.

also i LOVE project gotham... but... hmmmm.... who knows, theres better older games, but i can't be bothered to think of any