Best Christmas film ever ( to compliment the song thread)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Rich

Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted
Jun 7, 2001
Omnipresent
home alone is a good starter for ten.

Harvey ...
its not a chirstmas film but its only ever on at christmas .. bit like the Italian job and the great escape :)

In the same respect (i.e only ever on at xmas)

Greyfrairs Bobby

but a real xmas film that could be a contender:

Scrooge (well not so much the film as the story)

we're off to see the wizard the wonderfull wizard of oz....

ok maybe not but lots of ppl must like it its been on everyyear for the last 10 years or so.

Diehard would get my vote though (hey its about a guy tryign to see his kids for crimbo) followed by planes trains and automoblies

maybe not a christmas movie, but i watched it every christmas day ages ago

Kevin Alone at home :D

totaly forgot about this gem, its not really a crimbo film but i can get away with it cos of its title

Merry Christmas Mr lawence

National Lampoon's Xmas Vacation
Ernest saves Xmas
Muppest Xmas Carol

Theres also this thing on channel 5 every year, low budgety drama about this family who adopt a tramp which is pretty good

There's a very funny christmas movie about a weird family, but i don't know what its name is... the father plays in many movies though...
I used to watch that almost every year :D

But now i think that Freddy versus Jason is not much worse for Christmas :D :P

:lol: @ Mr. Frost

@ Ice: u prolly mean Chevy Chase and thats "Christmas Vacation (1989)" (Schöne Bescherung)

I prefer "The Long Kiss Goodnight (1996)" with Gena Davis (mmh) & Samuel L. Jackson

The Groundhog Day with Bill Murray
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/

A weather man is reluctantly sent to cover a story about a weather forecasting "rat" (as he calls it). This is his fourth year on the story, and he makes no effort to hide his frustration. On awaking the 'following' day he discovers that it's Groundhog Day again, and again, and again. First he uses this to his advantage, then comes the realisation that he is doomed to spend the rest of eternity in the same place, seeing the same people do the same thing EVERY day.

:)