• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

sneez

Jun 11, 2001
New movie from James Cameron ( titanic , ugh ) coming. Must see it in cinema imo!

Trailer: (Watch it in fullscreen for :drool:)

I had 2 tickets for a 3d preview screening here in holland, but didn't go because nobody of my friends were really familiar or interested in the movie. Now i've seen the reactions from people that went there, I regret that I didn't go. Seems to be a 3d experience unlike anything before.

I'm very curious whether this will be a new Star Wars like sci-fi movie

I got no idea what's it about either. Just saw the trailer last night, was too tired to figure something out so I just c/p'd it into here (And finally figured out how to enable HD in embedded videos (on utassault xD))
Anyway, again shamelessly c/pd:

http://jamescameronsavatar.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar_Wiki

Avatar is the story of an ex-Marine, Jake Sully, who finds himself thrust into hostilities on an alien planet filled with exotic life forms. As an Avatar, a human mind in an alien body, he finds himself torn between two worlds, in a desperate fight for his own survival and that of the indigenous people of the planet of Pandora, the Na'vi. More than ten years in the making, Avatar marks Cameron's return to feature directing since helming 1997's Titanic, the highest grossing film of all time and winner of eleven Oscars® including Best Picture. WETA Digital, renowned for its work in The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and King Kong, will incorporate new intuitive CGI technologies to transform the environments and characters into photorealistic 3D imagery that will transport the audience into the alien world rich with imaginative vistas, creatures and characters.

I went to the preview of 16min of footage of Avatar, 5 whole scenes from the film plus an introduction from James Cameron. The 3D experience was amazing, best thing ive seen in years. Simply put, James Cameron is the pwns and hes done it again!

Cant wait to the premiere :)

I just wonder how much your eyes will hurt after seeing an entire movie with 3d glasses on ;)

Yeah, it was kinda hard to get used to wearing 3d glasses, felt abit like riding a rollercoaster, u had to have your head still and not move around to focus on what was happening, and a real downside was the subtitles that were yellow in an ugly Avatar-style font instead of the white easy-to-read font you are used too :(

Hope they change the yellow subtitles to the Premiere :)