Automatically Identifying With Nickserv

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Squirrel

<b>***** *****istrator</b><br>Keeper of the BOOM S
May 28, 2001
London, UK
Here are a few differnet ways of auto identifying if you use mIRC.
We will assume our registered nick is GUEST and our password is PASSWORD.

1. Manual Identify
change nicks to GUEST (or one in your registered group)
Identify by typing:
Code:
/msg nickserv identify PASSWORD

2. mIRC Auto Perform
Goto File | Options | IRC | Perform
Check the box saying to perform the actions, and in the text box put:
Code:
Warning: This will trigger on other irc networks if u use them - i.e it sends your password to what ever has nick 'NICKSERV' if you conenct to any network.

3. mIRC Startup Script
Press Alt-R in mirc to bring up the remote window. And put the following line at the top of the text box.

Code:
raw 1:*:{ if (worldassault.com isin $server) || (utassault.net isin $server) || (orange.net isin $server)  {
  nick GUEST
  join #utassault,#suym
 }
}

This will trigger when you join one of the current 3 servers on our network. Change your nick, identify and then join channels.

You can take out the join #utassault,#suym if you don't want to auto join those channels. You can also put extra channels on the end of that list (seperate with commas). If you just want one channel join #utassault etc....

4. mIRC autoreply Script :cool:
Press Alt-R in mirc to bring up the remote window. And put the following lines at the top of the text box.
Code:
on *:NOTICE:This nickname is registered and protected.*:?: {
  if ($nick == nickserv) && ($wildsite = *!*@worldassault.com) && ((worldassault.com isin $server) || (utassault.net isin $server)) || (orange.net isin $server) {
    /msg NickServ IDENTIFY PASSWORD
  }
}
This will respond everytime nickserv challenges your nickname askign for identification. It checks to see you are on one of our servers and that the nickserv nick is part of the services before then identifying. Will mean u have no hassle ever again!!!

5. Combined 3 & 4 RECOMMENDED!! :cool:
Press Alt-R in mirc to bring up the remote window. And put the following lines at the top of the text box.
Code:
raw 1:*:{ if (worldassault.com isin $server) || (utassault.net isin $server)  || (orange.net isin $server) { 
    nick GUEST
    join #utassault,#suym
 } 
}

on *:NOTICE:This nickname is registered and protected.*:?: {
  if ($nick == nickserv) && ($wildsite = *!*@worldassault.com) && ((worldassault.com isin $server) || (utassault.net isin $server) || (orange.net isin $server)) {
  }
}
Easy enough to put them together yourself. This will ID you when you connect, then Join the channels (i.e so u dont join before identify), and identify every time you are challenged.

x1. Multi Servers note
If you want to use mirc for multiple networks you can use the following structure to cope with auto identify on each network.

Code:
raw 1:*:{ if (worldassault.com isin $server) || (utassault.net isin $server)  || (orange.net isin $server) { 
    nick GUEST
    join #utassault,#suym
 } 
 elseif (quakenet isin $server) {

[i]<Your Quakenet commands>[/i]

}
}

Please remember to replace the GUEST & PASSWORD with your registered nick & pass :D

Updated by Martz: monsterkill.net has changed to utassault.net and stopped auto-identify working
Updated by CS: Added orange.net in the server check lines
Updated by CS: Added Method 5
Updated by CS: Added Note x1

Last edited:
Gimme some credit, lol
raw events aren't even documented in the help, every1 uses on connect except me. All u did was take out the useless raw - q thing I stick in the sometimes :p

Originally posted by Ace
Gimme some credit, lol
raw events aren't even documented in the help, every1 uses on connect except me. All u did was take out the useless raw - q thing I stick in the sometimes :p
I added the ORs and put in more than joining channels, i'll add some flashly lights if you like but a connect script can't really be expected to do much else. :P
and -q isn't completly useless if u read the documentation thats avail ;)
U can have credit for pointing me to the raw event if u like :)

Originally posted by Ace
raw 1:*:{ if (worldassault.com isin $server) || (utassault.net isin $server) || (orange.net isin $server) { raw -q join #ionjoltserver}
elseif (quake isin $server) { raw -q join #clanion }
elseif (enterthegame isin $server) { raw -q join #radium,#carbon }
elseif (gamesnet isin $server) { raw -q join #luna }
}
Thought the elseif stucture would be useful to some peeps in here.

2 mistakes
raw 1:*:{ if (worldassault.com isin $server) || (utassault.net isin $server) || (orange.net isin $server) {
nick GUEST
join #utassault,#suym
}}

there needs to be a space after the } at end or it won't work, neater would be to stick it on another line.

secondly

on 1:NOTICE:This n

should be on *:Notice
many scripts will assign user levels whcih would fuck up the way u do it.

raw events aren't documented
every1 else uses the on connect

Yeah that space must have gone missing when i put the cod into code blocks. Doesn't exactly stop it working but could cock stuff up so updated.

1: no idea how that 1 got there, I must have been messing with user levels or something when i wrote that part of the script. Fortunatly no one has a problem yet, Updated.

But there is documentation on raw events, how else would i know what -q does (i.e its not "useless" like u assume). You want me to change it to on connect so u can keep raws to yourself? :p:

Yeah that space must have gone missing when i put the cod into code blocks. Doesn't exactly stop it working but could cock stuff up so updated.

It does stop it working, try it
can cause very nasty spamming and flood u off server and lots of other nasty stuff if u r unlucky.

And about the raw 1

Raw Events

The raw event allows you to process numeric server messages that are identified only by a number, and non-numeric server messages which mIRC doesn't recognize internally.

There are a large number of raw events, far too many to go into here, so it is recommended that you check out the links on the mIRC Homepage for technical information. The document you are looking for is called RFC1459. There is also a numerics help file available which is more up-to-date than this document.

Filtering and handling raw messages can be very time-consuming because of the large number of messages that a server can send, so you should try to make sure that your scripts process this information as quickly as possible. The format of the raw event definition is:

raw <numeric>:<matchtext>:<commands>

Examples

As a quick example, the following script filters out the channels list numeric when you use the /list command.

raw 322:*mirc*:/echo 5 $1-

The above script matches numeric 322 which is the channels /list numeric and if the line returned by this numeric has the word mirc in it, it is printed out in the status window.

You can process non-numeric server messages by specifying the name of the event:

raw PROP:*mirc*:/echo 5 $1-

Note: You can prevent most raw server messages from printing out their default text by using the /halt command.

is all it says in help file, if u go to the mirc homepage it will give you this dead link http://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc1459.txt as to the irc protocol.

Jeez just admit u copy pasted what I wrote in the channel once and removed the bits I told you were useless.
I'm pretty sure it was u who asked what that was for back then and I said it's there so I know when ppl copy paste my shit and pass it on as their own.

About the 1 in the notice message

Khaled's help file ain't so good he left the 1 there

all u did was copy paste this and edit it from the help file

The on TEXT event triggers when you receive private and/or channel messages.

Format: on <level>:TEXT:<matchtext>:<*><?><#[,#]>:<commands>
Example: on 1:TEXT:*help*:#mirc,#irchelp:/msg $nick what's the problem?

Jeez just admit all u r doing is copy pasting and making stupid mistakes

Last edited:
Originally posted by Ace
It does stop it working, try it
can cause very nasty spamming and flood u off server and lots of other nasty stuff if u r unlucky.
depends where you put it, but yes could be nasty.

Originally posted by Ace
is all it says in help file...
if u go to the mirc homepage it will give you this dead link...
There are many more sources of informtion than the mirc help file.

Originally posted by Ace
Jeez just admit u copy pasted what I wrote in the channel once and removed the bits I told you were useless.
I gave you credit for telling me about the raw 1 event if you bother to read my posts. U want a medal or something? :rolleyes:
And i havn't removed any useless bits.
Did you give credit to the person you copied your raw line off with the -q flag in it??? Seeing as u are unaware of what it does I guess it was just a copy and paste jobby :p:
Originally posted by Ace
About the 1 in the notice message
Khaled's help file ain't so good he left the 1 there
all u did was copy paste this and edit it from the help file
Jeez just admit all u r doing is copy pasting and making stupid mistakes
I've always had lots of trigger scripts don't need a help file to tell me the format of an on text :trout:

:yawn:

1: no idea how that 1 got there, I must have been messing with user levels or something when i wrote that part of the
if u would have been messing around with user levels as u say u would have used a named userlevel or a higher number. For example a "secure" auto op script, the most commen tutorial.

There are many more sources of informtion than the mirc help file.
yes and all of them say to use the on connect remote of course
If u mean on raw events : http://www.google.be/search?q=mirc+raw+events

Yes most of the tutorials are copied from a certain site as u can see by them all going on about raw events in the 300 range.

The raw -q is also meant for something totally different than what I use it for.

To any experienced scripting it is sooo obvious u r copy pasting for many reasons.

1) Only noobies use the / in scripts
2) the level 1 on the notice a commen mistake every1 makes when they copy paste the help file or copy paste another noobies script. Spend 15 mins on #helpdesk and u will see this come up at least once.
3) In the same area u r using raw 1 u r also using nickserv == instead of just nickserv = which is another noobie coding method with raw events that experienced coders use
4) ($nick == nickserv) && ($wildsite = *!*@worldassault.com) && ((worldassault.com isin $server) || (utassault.net isin $server) || (orange.net isin $server)) is totally wrong

Should be

($nick = nickserv) && ((assault isin $server) || (orange.net isin $server))

there is no point checking the mask of the nick since u r checking the server anyway.

Did you give credit to the person you copied your raw line off with the -q flag in it??? Seeing as u are unaware of what it does I guess it was just a copy and paste jobby

ROFL, I know exactly what it does and it is totally pointless, it's like like hit alt-88 to do a capital X, no1 uses raw commands anyway, I mean who u would use all ascii codes if they had a proper keyboard ?

there isn't really a use for it at all. I would be surprised if u found any script at all that uses it.
Raw events on the other hand every script uses, but I doubt u know the difference.

Last edited:
:lol:

1 is kinda near the start of numbering so I don't see it being unusual to experiment with that value, I think Martz explained user levels to me the first time round.

1) yeah some of my scripts have / some don't.....
2) see up there
3) :confused: You obviously closed your mirc help file :P
Just checked and according to mirc help and every script i've every looked at (just checked the moo script) == means equal to, = means assign. Thats what they also mean if you know any real programming. So really my = should be ==, not the other way round like you say.
Also the equal to comparrisons have nothing to do with the raw event, its an if strucutre in an on notice. :rolleyes:

4)
originally posted by Ace
Should be
($nick = nickserv) && ((assault isin $server) || (orange.net isin $server))
I'm pretty sure we arnt the only network with the word "assault" in one of our servers name. The maskcheck is a little bit of extra security that doesn't hurt and infact also makes pretty much sure you are on the right network, i.e. Orange were going to link a server to quakenet (so martz told me). Could have checked in other ways but i'd been playing around with $wildsite with Martz just before I wrote that one so I thought why not do it that way.

originally posted by Ace
I know exactly what it does and it is totally pointless
it does something thats quite different if you have the -q, usefulness not for the average user perhaps, pointless depends if you class other command flags this way.. i don't.

I have info on all (afaik) raw events and all the flags, 00x range to the 600's. not just 300+.

Ace you full well know that I am a noobie so don't i'm not sure why your going out of your way to try and prove it. Personally I spend more time programming than I do mIRC scripting.
The reason I've done this scripts? To help people, I can't see anyone else posting useful scripts here for everyone to see and find useful.

I'm not trying to show off uber l337 scripting skills. If your frightened that I might take your post as script kiddie of the community then rest assured i have no intention. I don't think I could ever spend that much time on a script language.

3) You obviously closed your mirc help file
Just checked and according to mirc help and every script i've every looked at (just checked the moo script) == means equal to, = means assign. Thats what they also mean if you know any real programming. So really my = should be ==, not the other way round like you say.
Also the equal to comparrisons have nothing to do with the raw event, its an if strucutre in an on notice.

Plain wrong and I was hoping u were to say this, = or == actually depends on upper case or lower case. The = isn't even used for assign any more, Khaled fixed the var bug in about 5.6

I didn't even learn scripting from the help file

1) yeah some of my scripts have / some don't.....
If u had typed it all out in 1 go u would use all the same style, that's why it's so obvious which parts u copy-pasted and which parts u wrote.

I'm pretty sure we arnt the only network with the word "assault" in one of our servers name
Highly unlikely, more unlikely than some1 spoofing their ip so their mask contains worldassault and even more unlikely that the server don't ban u from using the nicks nickserv,chanserv.x,w and another other 1 letter nicks.

it does something thats quite different if you have the -q, usefulness not for the average user perhaps, pointless depends if you class other command flags this way.. i don't.
Jeez I know exactly what it does, it hides the output, which would be hidden any1 if u didn't use the raw.
Why would some1 purosely show something then hide it again ??
No1 uses this command, it was put in there early because khaled hadn't finished all the protocol, the raw -q command has beem pointless since like version 3.0 of mirc.

Ace you full well know that I am a noobie so don't i'm not sure why your going out of your way to try and prove it.

Yes u r a noobie and u r pretending to know more than you do, when all u r doing is copy pasting and the more u reply the more u make it obvious even in the few lines u wrote.

Last edited:
Ace, I think you are being pretty unfair.

All CS has done with this thread has helped people. Especially me who knows nothing about scripting, and i probably will never know nothing, but this raw script has been very useful for me as I use 2 networks.

CS has admitted he is a n00b at scripting why do you keep on at him?

I am sure no-one has any doubt that you know alot about IRC scripts, if CS is getting all this stuff so wrong, why don't you make a couple of threads to help people, instead of blazing people that are trying.

Share your knowledge with us, show us how to write scripts. Please don't get on the back of someone that is merely trying to help people.

:nod: @ sui

Originally posted by Ace
Plain wrong and I was hoping u were to say this, = or == actually depends on upper case or lower case. The = isn't even used for assign any more, Khaled fixed the var bug in about 5.6
Well help me out and tell me where to get that info cause the help file and every mirc site i look at says the proper usage is:

= used to assign variables (e.g. %x = 5 + 1)
== equal to comparrison operator
=== equal to comparrison operator (case-sensitive)

I even tried:
($wildsite = *!*@WoRldASsAuLt.cOm) - Worked!
($wildsite == *!*@WoRldASsAuLt.cOm) - Worked!
($wildsite === *!*@WoRldASsAuLt.cOm) - Failed!
I can't see any case sensitive differences in the = and == handlers.......
Now i'm guessing here but it looks to me that mirc just covers up the mistake for people who use = instead of ==.....

Originally posted by Ace
If u had typed it all out in 1 go u would use all the same style, that's why it's so obvious which parts u copy-pasted and which parts u wrote.
The only thing 'out of style' is the / on the msg nickserv, no one told me it wasn't required when i did it 6 months ago, the original post has been edited hundreds of times in that period :rolleyes: not hurting so leave it there fs.

Originally posted by Ace
Yes u r a noobie and u r pretending to know more than you do
I've never claimed or prenteded to be a script-kiddie-know-it-all. The only things I can assume you mean are the raw and -q which I do know about, and the = == === which is up there.

Ok I won't use raw events(Raw©Ace).
I will copy "pointless" flags from your scripts in future so you don't get worked up. (-q Required by Ace's Law)
Do you want me to stop helping people?

:lol:

seems like the = thing changed a while ago, prolly when he changed the $readini command
but the var %x = 5
is what he is referring to in the help while which he didn't update now isn't required anymore

just using var %x 5 won't cause bugs, he prolly changed the === for the same reason but left both options in for compatibility.

It's not the flags, it's that ur using half/half everywhere
half one method half another, which obviously shows which bits u copy pasted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.