automatic hammerjump

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witlof

Jul 17, 2001
Arnhem (NL)
Hi guys,

Sometimes my mouse if fucked up :imu:
And then all my perfect hammerjumps won't work :P

But I now there's a way to put the hammerjump on one key, isn't it?

Can someone help me with this, plz :P

Bye,

Witlof

You need to use binding. This is how to do it

Frist open your user.ini in your UT directory.

Pretty near the top you will see lots of alliases, now scroll down until you find an empty one, e.g 25

Then type the following so that it looks like this:
Aliases[25]=(Command="Button bFire | Fire | OnRelease Jump",Alias=hammerjump)

Now scroll down in the user.ini and choose a key, I use alt
then type after the = hammerjump
should look like this:
Alt=hammerjump

Then save the file

In the game you only need to press this key
first choose the hammer then hold down the key and the hammer will charge, only aim at the ground and when you want to jump release the key

Ok, Cable, many thanx. I knew it was something with binding, I also knew how to bind with taunts and stuff in the user.ini, so thanx to you this was very easy :)

And to the other one..welcome at the vegatable-club :P

u can also add the getimpacthammer or something like that so u dont have to choose the hammer it comes out when the hammer jump bind is pressed

Aliases[25]=(Command="getweapon ImpactHammer | Button bFire | Fire | OnRelease Jump",Alias=Zoink)

stick that in yer user.ini and smoke it
:P

More advanced?

Isn't it possible to make it even more advanced. That the hammer automatically points at the ground when you hit the chosen key, so that you just have to hit the key to make a hammerjump. Isnt that possible with a qoute like 'pointhammerdown' :P

Well, cable was overruled by mi5, zo now i think ION nows how to make the hammerjumping even easier.

greets,

{cds}Witlof

BLUB is hammering in many ways. Point down bind is stupid, me thinks...

Made a 'sidestep-and-be-a-shockwhore'-bind. But that was utterly useless.........

Isn't there a very advanced bind with the pointdown-part, combined with a walk-forward, jump, and everything you have to do in a level, so that you just have to press one button and that you then have conquered the base? :P LOL

it's possible to have a look down part, or was in version 420 at least. Don't work from 432 up though.

bah useless... wot about a backward hammerjump u if u point straight down it'll fail :P and: witlof when just use ONE key :P the key must put in da direction where u walkin to, too and that is higher AI imo :P so ask someone of =)Ai(= ;)

If you have a mouse with extra keys consider binding it to one of them. that leaves your other hand free to move sidestep duck and jump... and whatever else (who needs to shoot when makeing a hammer jump anyways)

Status
Not open for further replies.