Attachment write error

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Bart

Mister Mediocre
Jan 10, 2002
Germany
Since the forum update, i can't attach any files anymore. I tried it with jpg's and txt -files. Everytime i get the following message:

Upload Errors
match.txt:*
File system directory is not writable.
*the name is different ofcourse, depends what i wanted to upload.

My Attachment statistic say: "You are currently using 8.63 MB to store 126 uploaded attachments."
The green and the red line show that i use only appro. 40% of my maximal capacity.
I tried to delete some old attachments already, but it didn't help.

bye

Which upgrade? vB2 -> vB3 was a year ago now, and theres been a dozen or so revisions since plus a few server moves and config changes....

Anyway, you should have 20,971,520 bytes of attachment space as a Veteran User, your last attachment was 24/03/04.

I've replicated your user permission settings with a test user and can't find a problem.....

Could be a server permissions issue or something, I can't see anything on the vB support forums that are specific....
/me looks at Martz & Doh

Reactions: Bart
How odd..

Attachments seem to work for me too.

Could you paste the URL from your address bar here so that we know which domain or path you are using.

Attachments

• readme.txt
    14 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: masterrr
Could Bart and Masterr please try and attachments again, i've changed the permission on your personal attachment directories.

This problem should be fixed for all users now.

Thanks for bringing it up :]

Reactions: Bart