Assault Maps

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Pea¢eMaker

«]KAN[»
Feb 2, 2002
Hull!
Can we get some moor good assault maps on Fraghub at the moment we have the std maps just like in UT they started out with Overlord and that maybe a list and then a vote on assault maps people would like to play on fraghub ( no remakes plz they are :gay: )

:dj:

As you say, the uta league started out with std maps only and seems to have done alright ;)

however, taken from http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=48920

Fraghub also aims to provide dynamic gaming leagues and in this respect will continually monitor and modify maplists for leagues as necessary. Every second month a mapvote will be held where clan representatives can vote on what map(s) should be out and what map(s) should be in. To have a map become the subject of a mapvote, potentially suitable maps should be brought to the attention of a League Administrator. If the map is a final version and found to contain no bugs which could impact on servers or gameplay it will be added to the monthly vote unless clearly unsuitable for League play. If a map does not meet the voting requirement to enter the league in the month it was proposed, it can be proposed again at any future time. For a monthly map vote to be valid, it must be voted on by at least 75% of clan representatives. If this figure is met, maps are added/removed on the basis of a simple majority.

just like UTA, i don't think it's the intention to ever remove std maps, so to begin with, it will be a case of adding to the standard maplists before there's anything to remove ;)

Pea¢eMaker said:
Can we get some moor good assault maps on Fraghub at the moment we have the std maps just like in UT they started out with Overlord and that maybe a list and then a vote on assault maps people would like to play on fraghub ( no remakes plz they are :gay: )

:dj:

how about you make somenice ones ? :P

Well i agree std maps too start with and custom maps can be added l8rz as it prob take teams a while to sort out tactics etc for Std ones + the job of sorting out there first 2k4 clans in fraghub.
I know someone who had started on Rook Conversion and Ballistic Conversion for 2k4AS but dont know what progress he has made or if he continuing at current time with his 2k4 mapping.But as terror typa hinted at people to do the maps will be a problem,as with ut99 they are scarce these days.

i dident say anything about removing the old maps like Junkyard i was on about adding some...:moon2:

and as for Ballistic and rook and that fuck that man we want new maps we have played some of theys maps like Ballistic and rook for about 4 years :rofl:

we? fuck that. I welcome decent remakes of the uta maplist have played em for 4 years and loved em to bits.;)

I agree on checking out some new maps for the future...
but it should be enough to start off with the 6 standard maps.
Let the league start and the clans get stuff sorted out.
There will be enough time to add more maps later :)

Is there an AS-Theif out for ut2k4 or am I getting confused from my roar days? Thief had some changes to make it ut2k4 playable cos without the snipers nest being jumpable, unmodified ballistic became too spammy. I remember it being quite playable imo when I last looked at it. Frigate 2k4 just takes the piss, untill we have a league with launching enabled you can forget about ever having that map in the league. It is sad to see how many mappers out there are wasting their time on race maps :(. Grand canyon 2k4 is not too bad, doesn't look quite so shit anymore and doesn't take years to finish either. Unfortunatley the standard of mapping for ut2k4 assault is pretty low, Lone (clanmate) has some projects in the works, maybe he might be able to produce something that will be league worthy (we aren't short on ideas, maybe I should get off my ass and learn ued to speed things up - if ued 3 decides to finally run on my pc that is).

Reactions: Player-63
Anyone got any idea if asr-thief got ported or not, if not I'll ask lone if he could find time to do it, that is of course if he gets permission. Btw, Lone's current project - AS-UrbanAssault, escape your imprisonment by getting out of the city. Many routes and indiviudally made unique buildings, should be nice, have played a very early preview of just the spawn room and the area outside, looked awesome, when he's done I'll get a beta on here for you guys to check out. Other projects - AS-Meteora: Metora is an ancient rock formation on which monks built various monastries on top of. The problem is, some damn lamers invaded the place. You've gotta take them back. Featuring hovercrafts! (Development halted due to other projects and terrain issues, will probably be next after urban assault is done.) AS-Alpine - still in concept stages, think snowy, think mountainous, think custom veichles and working ski lifts! Will be a massive project so may be quite a while before you see the end result but it should be amazing. Maybe urban assault will be the first custom map to make it into the league :D!

Reactions: Felerian
Some race maps are nice, but they tend to have a few bugs in them. Any 2k4 remakes of UT maps are obviously out... remember making a fool of myself when I tried to sheildjump to boat in Frigate2k4. Like Dark said, GrandCanyon2k4 is okay... first part is like Guardia and second part is kinda like RocketCommandSE... There are some maps like CityInvasion and MZ-Highrise that would be suitable for play.

To put it plainly, 2k4 Assault could never compare to UT assault. The dimensions have to be made too huge, you can't hammerjump, and you can't rocket launch. You eventually learn how to get around quickly using doubledodge... and vehicles are nice sometimes, but other than that, I'd rather play UT assault. It's sad that so many in UTA are leaving for 2k4... I'd say the best new mode is Onslaught; more fun than most AS maps for 2k4.

Love to have (many) custom maps later on.

But for now Standard maps will do.

Let's get used to UT2004 and get the new League running first.

To put it plainly, 2k4 Assault could never compare to UT assault. The dimensions have to be made too huge, you can't hammerjump, and you can't rocket launch. You eventually learn how to get around quickly using doubledodge... and vehicles are nice sometimes, but other than that, I'd rather play UT assault. It's sad that so many in UTA are leaving for 2k4... I'd say the best new mode is Onslaught; more fun than most AS maps for 2k4.
Dont start a UT99 compared to 2K4 as majority of 2K4 players are here for 2K4 not to get bored rigid with that view,and if youd rather play ut99 Assault then do it nobody is holding a gun to your head to play 2k4 and your end comment is ok as its a view on ONS and AS 2k4 maps and my opinion on that is AS and the gameplay on maps is much better compared with ONS and the gameplay on its maps, i feel theres just too many vehicles and not enuff fragging involved in ONS for my liking allthough i know others feel different about it.

Gotta agree with tzu about ons, I got bored of it after about a week. The maps are too big, too much reliance on veichles and little actual proper fragging.

Well they did make a map called AS-TheifSE for ut2k4 but it is nothing like the roar version and is basically crap. Damn. I might see if we could get the roar ballistic ported, would give a good idea as to wether porting other ut99 maps is worth it.

Fraghub also aims to provide dynamic gaming leagues and in this respect will continually monitor and modify maplists for leagues as necessary. Every second month a mapvote will be held where clan representatives can vote on what map(s) should be out and what map(s) should be in. To have a map become the subject of a mapvote, potentially suitable maps should be brought to the attention of a League Administrator. If the map is a final version and found to contain no bugs which could impact on servers or gameplay it will be added to the monthly vote unless clearly unsuitable for League play. If a map does not meet the voting requirement to enter the league in the month it was proposed, it can be proposed again at any future time. For a monthly map vote to be valid, it must be voted on by at least 75% of clan representatives. If this figure is met, maps are added/removed on the basis of a simple majority.

I'd like to nominate [AS-Acatana] (<<< thats a link btw) for a future map vote :D.

Actana starts off in space like motherwank (boohiss) but unlike mothership the space part is very short, you dont have that far to fly to an objective and the objectives are easy to destroy. Once you're on the planet its basically a mixture of fallencity and glacier with a mars-type feel to it. Haven't looked for tricks or bugs yet but i really think Actana should be added to some public servers for a good testing. /me looks at gringo & co ;)

The zip file is ~12 MB and there is only the ut2 file in it so you don't have to install obscure, pointless textures and system files. There really is no excuse not to download it and at least give it a go.

:wave: