assault maps very unbalanced

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Wker_86

Oct 1, 2007
ok prehaps im stating the obvious

On public servers generally two teams are pretty much equal in skill/experience however you can bet your life 9 times out of 10 the attacking team will complete the final objective on rook, frigate, mazon, highspeed, oceanfloor

hasnt a mod been made that can make slight changes to map actors (not changing the map it's self)

some ideas

mazon - increase crystal damage strength , keep the door near the lift closed

guardia - remove shield belt/keg from defenders remove rocket/shock ammo, spawn shield belts for attackers

frigate - close the top most door on the ship

anyone wanna create this mod?? :P

ok prehaps im stating the obvious

On public servers generally two teams are pretty much equal in skill/experience however you can bet your life 9 times out of 10 the attacking team will complete the final objective on rook, frigate, mazon, highspeed, oceanfloor

Eeer that is the idea actually. Get the final.

And I don't think anyone will tinker with standard maps M8y :P

Ideas that been out years, but standard maps are standard maps :D

Its annoying dont get me wrong, but you gota defend better :D

Hi, learn custom maps. Also, this might be the worst idea ever. Any good defenders can hold Boiler Room on Overlord for 10 mins, can hold OceanFloor (worst std map) for 1min+, Mazon switch forever and Rook chains/final for a long time. Guardia is a map which is sincerely flawed by design, but that's what you get when you make a tutorial map a real map. Changes are really not needed.

It's not the maps that bother me on Pubs, it's the teams...
There should be some ranking system imo.
With that ranking system :)uhh: utastats or via ip, since not all players are registered) the teams should be put together...

just my 2 cents..

Changes are really not needed.

I agree with smantie, but maybe change Overlord to OverlordDE can help to more fun in that map. OverlordDE is possible win, Overlord standart isnt(if defenders dont make noob mistake)

:rolleyes:

The attackers are SUPPOSED to get the final objective. If they don't, the very most they can achieve is a tie!

Assault is about who gets all the objectives FASTEST, not about who gets all the objectives. The defenders aren't supposed to succeed.

At least learn the fundamentals of the game before you complain about the map design - yes, the standard maps are flawed, but not in the way you say they are - You complain about Mazon and Frigate when these are perhaps the two best and most balanced standard maps, along with Rook.

We all know guardia is shit - it always has been. There have been god knows how many attempts at making it suck less through different item placements, spawn points, multiple lava bridges, etc, and all have failed miserably because the design of the map is just not built to cope with 12 players.

i like guardia :P
non-stop action, flaknub spam & stand still comobos ftw :D

only thing missing is rox for attackers .. a full set of rox would clean any area of the map with a nice multi kill, would be cool :P

:nod:

btw, ur new sig sux donkey ballz fark :p:

btw2, let's play some wc3 soon :D