AS-TheFactory

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

first of all, nice map, looks cool and music is nice awell

-music still is a bit fucked up, it only playes 1 time and then you have a silence, when i completed the map i got a buzzing sound as defender. very anoying

i would like to see the original river back outside, gives some more eyecandy and prevents defenders to rush up to far

the message you get when someone goes high will also appear when going true as an defender

the panel obj (after those terminals) has a fucked up radius, and those 2 ways to it are really spammy with rocketammo and flakammo there, will be impossible to get true, so you need to hammer, which isn't posible in insta.....

cavern fortstandard is should be a bit more in front imo

indeed that bump door is anoying, but already said

when you go high (with boots) you can't go down??? and what the fuck do those chainsaws here? will be annoying when people have the default bounds, it will give them this chainsaw instead of hammer

the panal, after door has a hitscan problem you shoot against an invisible wall

flakcannon after this panel is half in the ground (lots of weapons just rotate in midair)

i see ripperammo, but where is the ripper cba to look in ued

last part is just a bit liniar and boring, maybe make the last part outside again, so that you can launch to the final obj, because thos halways are just :o

pykenike said:
first of all, nice map, looks cool and music is nice awell

-music still is a bit fucked up, it only playes 1 time and then you have a silence, when i completed the map i got a buzzing sound as defender. very anoying

You play with music on ? :O

Gonna DL ASAP but can only go off of the screenshots now.

YES eye candy would be a plus. From what I heard it's large so spam won't be a problem (not too big though).

I like maps with secret entrance and by passes to keep the defense on their toes. Look at maps like AS-Ballistic AS-Bioassault, AS-LaserV3, and AS-Indefinite for ideas. Bioassault and Ballistic have good bypasses, Laser LONG secrets, Indefinite short secrets. It would be wonderful to have tons of eye candy and bypassess and secrets to spice up the map.

Try to find places where the map can loop back over itself, if you will, i. e. make it so that the map isn't linear and you use the same corridors to complete later objecitves. Look at maps like AS-LavaFort][, AS-Rook, and AS-Bridge for what I mean (I don't think I explained my meaning well. :crap:)

AS-TheFactory
In General
-TONS more eyecandy
-add things to the level that create depth to the "plot"
-downsize maybe a teensy-weensy bit, b/c right now it seems kinda like toys invading a toy factory; eye candy may fix this problem however
-in general, use lighting and textures that make the factory futuristic, not modern, ala ColdSteel2
-put in moving parts and conveyer belts to look the it's an acutal factory that's actually working, (look in DM-Conveyer for what I mean)

Specifics
-I dunno, but I'd rename it AS-Factory myself, unless that's taken :P
-change attackers weaponry to Pulse Gun, Rocket Launcher, and Sniper Rifle with 2 ammo packs each
-give the attackers flashlights or searchlights; if they were in a closed cave they wouldn't light a fire because of the smoke
-make the outside more of a battlefield
-the big hole I'd make a tunnel crossing to the other side, to give the impression trucks deliver items to and from the factory; too many facility-type levels have the front of the fortress facing basically a brick wall (AS-Mazon is a prime example)
-make a sniper tower located above the entrance to the factory
-give the Minigun foxholes a button to their left or right to which they can dodge and press and immediately a thick sheet of metal will cover the turret's eye hole, so they can block rockets, etc.
-don't make the hole through which launched attackers can fall so gapingly big; make it a ventilation shaft sorta thing
-collision radius of the red button is WAY too big
-do you really want those double doors' texture to be a box? :S
-make the end objective to destory the main generator and the back-up generator; most factories wouldn't have a "Push this button to deactivate the factory" thing; generators should be able to be destroyed in any order

After all that, the good points
-big = NO spam (most significant plus)
-Minigun turrets; used well they can be very effective :)
-tons of secret passages; at least I assume all the ventilation shafts are secret tunnels that can be used :S; if not, make it so! (to a certain extent at least)

All in all, one of the better beta maps I've seen.

just played it... and i think it's great :D good job on makeing that map :thumb:

this map should get added in the leugue maps when it's finsished

oh and btw

At that objective that you have to push the big sqaure button think it's the 4th object.. when you hammer up from below and hit that edge of the wall... i also got the object...