AS-Siege]I[ released

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Nekro said:
omfg i just played it, and it FUCKING OWNZ!!!!! i cant wait till this becomes a league map (if it does, which would be dumb if it doesnt fs!)

I loved everything you have done to the map, and that rail and the 3 jump pads! LMAO tis wicked!

anyway i think ive found my new favourite AS Map. Great work Lord M this is seriously an awesome map. Im glad you took the time to make it this dam good!

Congratz again m8!

neKro

well i pretty much agree with you here

everything about it is cool, so are the jumppads only there i get some fps troubles but still an awsome map

i wanna thank you for the time and effort that you put into this project!
i mean ut'99 is about 4 (?) years old now and assault never was a really big thing but you still give us such a great map, still listening to critics and accepting suggestions etc.

so my big THANKS !!!! :)
map will be on aak-server in a few minutes :)

Lord_M's readme said:
Hardcore (wrote this: "nahh - maybe put ppl with good ideas into the readme" ..so i do. oh,
dont be dissapointed that i dont build a ship with your name...)

:thumb: :D

it is a good map, but i think a leagueworthy map should not go under 30 fps on my comp (in singleplayer, lol!) :rolleyes: just think about people with pcs under 1000 mhz and a geforce 2mx or 3. they will probably get around 5 fps when playing it online...

FPS has increaced a lot from previous betas, only points i think fps drops too low are : attackers coming to opening from first spawn and defenders looking down from tower, so atlest both sides suffer from it ( if u can call that a good thing :D )

Havent pld online yet, it should be awesome.

- note to future mapmakers : polys should not go much over 300 :P

First Post said:
Thanks to

the NAAL (North American Assault League http://www.nassault.8k.com/)
this map is dedicated to this great community!

During the devolpement of this map, they tested my alpha versions and gave me
good ideas for the map!

you can find the whole thread here:
http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31242
I havent followed the development of this, but, well, uh... you link to the thread on these forums. and from reading the first replies on that, I can only guess you mixed up the NAAL (if there is one?) and this utassault.net league / community ? :P the URL of NAAL you supplied there doesnt even work ;)

if Im wrong, ignore this.

nice map, jolly good work lord_m!
now, what about AS-Helms Deep then?

i know there was another 1 who tried 2 build it, but i dunno what happened 2 it :confused: :(

I still dont like the "You-must-run-onto-these-jump-pads-at=a-perfect-90-degree-angle" bit at the end.

yes, they^^ r the only major prob i have with the map... :(
can't dodge into them :\

Nephilim said:
I havent followed the development of this, but, well, uh... you link to the thread on these forums. and from reading the first replies on that, I can only guess you mixed up the NAAL (if there is one?) and this utassault.net league / community ? :P the URL of NAAL you supplied there doesnt even work ;)
if Im wrong, ignore this.

argh...CRAP!
my fault....i'm sorry.
i only do copy&paste to make the readme...and i made a map for this other community too...
will correct it and edit the readme....

to the other posts:
thx, thx and thx!

don't forget: this is only AS-Siege]I[
i can (and want) to make AS-Siege]I[AL ...so without redeemer, no jumppads (lifts then?) etc.
so tell me

About the map i can say, it's a good one, BUT there are many fps-slowdowns.
I tested this map on a [email protected], 384Ram and a Gf4ti4200. I tried D3D and 'Mindspring OpenGL'. In many situations (without Bots!!!) the framerate fall under 25 fps and it was not very smooth.
Mayby you can optimize that, because in the league many people got even weaker pc-systems.
I post 2 pics to illustrate that.

btw:
Pea¢eMaker said:
Me and M1d0
Jeder Esel nennt sich selbst zuerst... :p:

btw, I think there are quite alot 'less usefull' rooms/caves with fancy decoration.
Looks great but it just makes the map bigger and crappier for fps :\

i get same FPS as them screenies........and thats offline fs, imagine that shit online. Tbh can fo if u think im playin that with 10 FPS.