AS-Siege]I[ Public Beta III released

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

[3dgamer]Lord_M

Oct 17, 2001

~2,5 MB (.zip contains .umod)

alternative: non .umod file ~2,5 MB

Changes:
  • 2nd objective spawn point moved
  • tele.to the main tower @ new position (platform a bit small....is on todo)
  • more light, less shadow
  • timebomb activated by attackers (in the start room) which blows up a hole in the right tower. the explosives can be defused by defender (!), countdown 45 sec.
  • direction-finding thing (forgot the name) place in the sniper tower...
    activated by attackers calls reinforcements, which blast the upper security doors @ main tower. could be destroyed by defender too (but you must be reeealy fast)
  • add some details
  • teamtrigger replaced normal triggers

image41.jpg

image42.jpg

image43.jpg

Your comments are welcome.... :o

Last edited:
just tried it, first of all; great job on the water house thingy, i think its quite attackable now, just the shieldbelt i would replace by thigh pads

the idea with the jet is very nice, adds some dynamics to the map
i think it should not be possible to disable the explosives totally tho, maybe trigger the roofhole by the main door or the waterhouse, or move the trigger somewhere into the main yard. disabling totally is fatal imo, given the situation the defenders disabled the jet-director and the roof-explosives, then the map is impossible to complete, you will have 6 defenders sticking in that small tower spamming.

there is way too much ammo on the top of the main tower, this will be hard enough to finish without the defenders being able to just throw their half empty pulseguns and get new ones. there is a pulsegun on the jumppad level, thats enough, remove all ammo and all guns from the toplevel, else its too easy for to camp up there.

now the maybe most important point, 6 minutes is far too few for this huge map, 10 minutes are the minimum

and i found the location of the end sequence :D it would be cool if the sequence woudl give a hint whats behind that gate :)

Sauron said:
the idea with the jet is very nice, adds some dynamics to the map
i think it should not be possible to disable the explosives totally tho, maybe trigger the roofhole by the main door or the waterhouse, or move the trigger somewhere into the main yard. disabling totally is fatal imo, given the situation the defenders disabled the jet-director and the roof-explosives, then the map is impossible to complete, you will have 6 defenders sticking in that small tower spamming.
damn,now i know what i forgot.
i thought the jet must have a second time limit. if the defender destroy the direction finder, the jet will arrive after 2 or 3 minutes.

i dont know how to build the roof explosives to be triggered again.
hard enough to build the thing you can stopp the countdown.
Sauron said:
there is way too much ammo on the top of the main tower, this will be hard enough to finish without the defenders being able to just throw their half empty pulseguns and get new ones. there is a pulsegun on the jumppad level, thats enough, remove all ammo and all guns from the toplevel, else its too easy for to camp up there.
maybe thats tr0e.... pulse on jumppad level? really...hm...if this is true, its a mistake made by me. i add the pulse ahead and thought i removed it allready below.....damn.
Sauron said:
now the maybe most important point, 6 minutes is far too few for this huge map, 10 minutes are the minimum
thinking of the same....but i was thinking of 8...really 10?
Sauron said:
and i found the location of the end sequence :D it would be cool if the sequence woudl give a hint whats behind that gate :)
shhh....dont tell anyone :D

i tried to build hint, but it looks like shit.... the sounds are not working as i thought....then it will be better.
but maybe the whole endsequence will be cut of and rebuild.... :o

going to play it now, i edit my post here with my commands :)

edit: well map still looks nice only a few minnor things..

where is that hatch what opens after 45 seconds. just couldn't find it.
where is the defender towerdoor that opens????????

apart from that..

landing in the pound after going in to the cannon is still very difficult, expecially in a leaguematch where everybody is in a hurry... making the pound s bit big bigger, (and some deeper) would be more okayish imo.

i like the the spawnpoint behind the fort, its nice to spawn on the defencetower. (very good position for a launch) but maybe you should add there a rocketlauncher because you can't find it on your way to it..(just a thought)

maybe i missed somthing but that thing on the roof of the second tower wtf is it? and how can i reach it?

maybe you can make some things at the side of the maintower. so that launchers that land on top of the maintower can reach the ridge below it..

maintower is still a bit dark.. some light would be fine imo

ooh and the warhouse? teleporter is useless imo because you can walk with the stairs to the same position in about the same time..

note that i only said the cons about your map... i really like it and i am looking forward to play it on a league match...
keep up the good work

time should be 7 or 8 minutes imo, how many 10 minutes maps can be def full time??? not nesseserely to make it 10 mins

Last edited:
[3dgamer]Lord_M said:
shhh....dont tell anyone :D

i found that in beta2 and i can't figure out the purpose of the whole thing :(
btw... since u use that end sequence, what is the mission for the map? to let a wild creature out of the sliding door??
the end sequence is meant to show what happens when u've done the objectives and u'r mission is finished....
nice that it has less shadows :thumb:
keep up the great work:)

[3dgamer]Lord_M said:
damn,now i know what i forgot.
i thought the jet must have a second time limit. if the defender destroy the direction finder, the jet will arrive after 2 or 3 minutes.

i think its ok that the jet can be disabled, the side entrances open anyways once all other objectves are gone, just those explosives shud be always active for the reasons i already posted

[3dgamer]Lord_M said:
maybe thats tr0e.... pulse on jumppad level? really...hm...if this is true, its a mistake made by me. i add the pulse ahead and thought i removed it allready below.....damn.

well as i said, the lower one shud stay and the upper one shud disappear :D

[3dgamer]Lord_M said:
thinking of the same....but i was thinking of 8...really 10?

jup, at least, its a bigassmap with long attackroutes (mostly u run more then 30 seconds per try as attacker) so you need enough time

The league does'nt have a problem with maps taking 10 minutes

Bridge ( a league map ) is 16 minutes attack time think some others are pretty long too

[3dgamer]Lord_M said:

I figured it out now.....(multiple solutions).....need help?
msn/icq/pm me

this is a quality map, as sauron said tho change the time to 10 or maybe 12 minutes , and just a couple of other things changed and i don't see any reason why this coulden't be entered in the league. It's got lots of open space and not any spam areas really.

ok i just d/l the map and it looks great but i will never play it....-> i get 5-15 FPS whole map :o

¤»*^®åï©Hü^*«¤ said:
ok i just d/l the map and it looks great but i will never play it....-> i get 5-15 FPS whole map :o

lol and thats without another 11 players spammin :\

i got same prob m8 :S

not again fs...same as doc love i get 5-15 fps..lags and judders all way through +plus i think its too small..u should make it bigger like the older siege