AS-IndefiniteAL

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Just played it after a long slow d/l (my conn not the server) and at first I thought it looked balls. The terrain was very simple and boring, as if only one or two textures had been applied to the entire area for quickness. Especially the pink floor - very weird :/ Anyway I finally realised I was on defence by mistake :P and went to attack. This was a bit more fun lol.
Once you get to the lasers it's really spammy (interesting that the lasers don't kill you) and kinda like the samsite in Desert - if someone gets it it's because they jumped around a bit and the def hit each other in the confusion :) Get the lasers and the map gets better - into a nice big outdoor rocky area with plenty of launching. But before that is the best bit - the waterfall :D Every map should have a jump off a waterfall, even if it's set in a desert or in a space base.
The outdoor area is full of cows in pens, prolly cos every mapper's first map has some kind of beast in it that eventually gets taken out :P Nice way for noobs like me to up their scores though so cheers for that. The dynamite is in a small hut that again cries out 'Spam!' but so what. Once that's picked up it's a long run to an area encircled with cliffs where the final objective can be touched, and after a 3 seconds wait everyone gets blown to hell, cows and all.

Good points:

Launches, spam, powerups, ammo, cows - plenty of everything
Map is a biggy for a change so if you don't like one part of it then there will be another part you will like
Waterfall jump!!! :D:D:D:D
Objectives are not confusing and are pretty easy to find (hard to hit sometimes though)
It's a lot of fun to run around like a maniac in this map - even though it's quite linear for some reason it's still fun, which is the most important bit of any map

Bad points:

Map looks kinda boring and amateurish, the design of every part is simple, not in a subtle, fps-saving kind of way, but in a I-can't-be-arsed-making-this-better way
Most objs are very spammy
20 minutes is a bit long even for this map
A bit too much swimming involved sometimes
One of those cows looked at me funny

---

I'd be happy to play this map again - it belongs on DAMIT Big-ass maps imo. It's nothing special and there's room for improvement everywhere. But like I said it's still fun. Don't think it's a potential league map because of things like powerups everywhere and bad textures etc, but worth a dload and a play. Nice one azz and I hope you keep working on it if you can be bothered ;)

Just had a quick run innit :

The way u make terrain is really "unique" :D
U could have done that last outdoor part with 1 brush instead of 30 sumthing.
I would advise to atlest try the terrain tool ;)
Sum of the textures are too over-scaled making them way too blurry.
Water needs small wavy innit
Amp = no no

I really like the map, its simple, good fps, lots of launch potential :thumb:

thanks guys, yeh it was my first map, and i had alot of problems with BSP HOLES, but i finally got them sorted. as with the terrain, i never had any luck with the terrain tool :( so i stuck to many brushes.

i made the map, focusing on launching and big areas, as a BAM. wasn't intended to be an assault league map, however i named the last version (this was my final version), AL because its assault league friendly. anyway with the spam, i made many different paths you can take to get an obj, ie like lasers, u can skip bridge and take the underwater entrance to trick the defence. theres also a few tricks and secrets around that can be found, if u search. so yeh it sort of evens out the spammage at the tricks and multiple paths. the hardest obj in my opinion is the sewer, but it can be overcome with a launch aswell :P

as for the time limit, if u have a good D team full of snipers, the map can be quite difficult to finish, so i boosted the time to 20min from the original 16min. also even as the map is pretty simple and looks, etc, its quite a fun map to play, we have found from all the beta testing, HAK and MAXIMUS clan, thankyou. so yeh thanks to all for your comments and i hope you enjoy the map =)

suck
^aka^az

cool map m8. dont worry about ppl above , they always whine/moan about tiny things, you dont see them making a map.

doubt itll get into the league even tho its got my vote , as half of the n00bs in uta prefer spam maps where they need between little and 0 skill.

ok. i hit a bug, a big bug, and i have no idea why this happens. hopefully someone from the LeagueAS community can help.

bot support. the bots work perfectly, everything is fine when u RUN the map on normal assault, botpack.Assault. the bots, follow the right obj, they defend at the defence points, everyhting works well.

then today, the map was run on a LeagueAS server, with bots, and for some reason, the bots do not work. they dont stand in the right spots. they defend the wrong objectives. its like once the fort is completed, the bots still go back and defend that objective. they still follow the path nodes, but its like the defence points and forts aren't clicking to them.

i have no idea why this is happening? cos the bots should work the same as normal assault, i would think, so wtf is going on? if anyone can take a look @ it, or even tell me why this is happening, it would be much appreciated. i looked at other maps where bots work, and to me, it looks the same :|

thanks.

Bots aint really needed in assault maps , dont know anyone who plays offline all the time..

k played the map today ones and is now deleted was a while back since i played this kind of map
m8 all i can say is its weird to much brushes for 1 area and the reedeemer oh cmon thats so... nm
to much health packs, armor and where do i know the lil houses from..... oh yeah as-vampire......most fun part was jumping from the waterfall prolly this is your 1st map but nm every1 has a hard time @ 1st xperience i know that but dont steal things from maps....