AS-gladiator

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Nanko

Serial Suicider
May 6, 2002
Netherlands
dont know if this has been discussed yet, but even if it has it deserves its own thread :D

IMO its a very good map, very big but also very hard to defend..... (standard AS)

if we put the timelimit down to about 12 minutes i think it will be good leaguemap.

gladiator1.jpg

gladiator2.jpg

gladiator3.jpg

there´s a launch (with 3) to the final objektive-area possible.......and the def has no chance to get there......

that makes the map in this form ....useless:(

This map usually takes 5-10 minutes on BAM
Although recently it hasn't been on BAM.

Very good map IMO
One of the best out there ;)

Originally posted by Dr_Snuggles
there´s a launch (with 3) to the final objektive-area possible.......and the def has no chance to get there......

that makes the map in this form ....useless:(

Why? is there anything that u can do there? maybe i missed it...

If not then its hardly a good tactic to Launch some1 there that needs to wait the whole map for a objective which is imo pretty EZ to get anyway

??? it doesnt call for radio support when i try that

/edit- I tried it again and it that radio aint working... do we have different versions or something?

Last edited:
I checked it with League AS and it isn't protected.
As I said before the lame LeagueAS ruins my map FFS!
I hope that one day Phear learns the difference between a mutator and a mod. :shake: :whatever:

Last edited:
plz dont slag LeagueAS, it has made League and public play alot more enjoyable and I cant thank Phear enough for making it...

as for Gladiator... its a shame, but cant we just consider it a "map bug" (altho it clearly isnt a map bug), doing it in matches would be seen right away and i dont think Sam has enough friends to make that launch on publics :p:

I hope that one day Phear learns the difference between a mutator and a mod.

When have I ever said that LeagueAS is a mutator? First line taken from the League Assault section of the IG website:

League Assault as a modification for the Unreal Tournament Assault gametype

League Assault IS a Mod, always has been a Mod, was never designed to be a mutator (in fact it started out as a cut down version of Advanced Assault which made a LOT more alterations to the game type). Its a Mod simply because Mutators placed too many restrictions and made it more difficult to do everything I wanted to do.

Don't tell me I don't know the difference between a Mod and a mutator. I don't know what you've got against me Doc (well actually I have a sneaking suspicion) but I'm getting a little hacked off at your snidey comments here and there. Still why should I care the only person your making look stupid is yourself.

I've not forced anyone to use League Assault (aside from introducing it to the uta League at the start), people use it because they want to, not because I'm holding a gun to their head.

Originally posted by Doc_EDo
I checked it with League AS and it isn't protected.
As I said before the lame LeagueAS ruins my map FFS!
I hope that one day Phear learns the difference between a mutator and a mod. :shake: :whatever:

u could fix that problem, if u change some tex "property´s"....

...so that the players can´t walk on the "mountain"-tex between the start- and the endarea:rolleyes:

and thx Phear 4 LeagueAS:thumb:

i love the features like throw armour or the binding stuff (%location%/%ammo%):)

First and biggest reason I dont like LAS is that it messes with setting mappers make. If you make something like that you MUST make sure that it doesnt ruin map settings, like in this case.
Everyone expects to be able to use LAS without it ruining maps and changing settings authors make. It's the only natural way it should work in.

What else does it do except spamming the HUD and the scoreboard? It doesnt even tell what part it is or if a player is attacker or defender.

My point is that you should have made it compatible with ALL AS maps since many ppl like LAS (beats me why). I guess you need to learn a bit of compatibility programming. You could have replicated the fortstandars' information in different ways instead of totally replacing those actors...

Not a flame, only a point of view.

First and biggest reason I dont like LAS is that it messes with setting mappers make. If you make something like that you MUST make sure that it doesnt ruin map settings, like in this case.
Everyone expects to be able to use LAS without it ruining maps and changing settings authors make. It's the only natural way it should work in.

WHO expects this? Except you of course. It clearly states on the web site that it makes changes to the maps, if you don't like that, don't download it, and if you decide not to read the web site, download it and decide it makes changes you don't like, then don't use it, don't bitch at me. If I don't like UT2K3 Assault, I won't be playing it, simple as.

What else does it do except spamming the HUD and the scoreboard? It doesnt even tell what part it is or if a player is attacker or defender.

Want a list of features go read the web site. It tells you at the start of each map whether or not you are attacking or not, since it was designed primarily for League games telling you what your supposed to be doing mid game wasn't something I considered, and wasn't something anyone ever suggested to me. So its a feature you've added to UT2K3 that isn't in League Assault, go you, your the greatest :thumb:

My point is that you should have made it compatible with ALL AS maps since many ppl like LAS (beats me why). I guess you need to learn a bit of compatibility programming. You could have replicated the fortstandars' information in different ways instead of totally replacing those actors...

Why should I have made it 100% compatible with ALL AS maps? Because you said so? As I said before I designed it primarily for league games, and for a specific map set (i.e. the maps used in the uta league mainly).

I need to learn some compatibility programming? :lol: Sorry I'm obviously not the uscript programming god that you are :lol: btw it has absolutely nothing to do with replication (I have no idea where you got that from, sounds like you just plucked a uscript statement out of the air), and I didn't even replace fortstandards :D

Originally posted by Doc_EDo
First and biggest reason I dont like LAS is that it messes with setting mappers make.

becoz u are a mapper i can understand why u dont want LAS to "mess" with the map setting, but this is exactly why LAS is great... without leagueAS a lot of maps would be unfit for leagueplay.....