AS-Cup UPDATE!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

HAHAHA HAHA HHAh hA hA haHA ha ha AH aHHH HA hA hA ha HAHAHA HAHA HHAh hA hA haHA ha ha AH aHHH HA hA hA ha HAHAHA HAHA HHAh hA hA haHA ha ha AH aHHH HA hA hA ha HAHAHA HAHA HHAh hA hA haHA ha ha AH aHHH HA hA hA ha

Your such a dick

On topic: the maplist is wank

Saqqara can only be completed by swimming under the docks and people being too stupid to check it, and rocketcommand turns into a boring spamfest when you entered low.

I don't think Siege3AL will turn into a boring spamfest but i do doubt if it's fun to play...

And leaving out the best map in AS is a bit :yawn:

well start of rocketcommand aint spammy, but as soon as the air bases are scrumbled or whtever its called the doors to the inner base open and the way to ventilation access spawn is pretty much like asthenos last objective, same goes for the way into the rocket where the 2 little lifts are, almost impossible to breach through there.

1. pic = u can hammer over that.....

2. pic = side door fuse can be ripperd....from more than 1 place :rolleyes:

3. pic = yes...the sliding door switch is a bit spammy, but the defenders have a much longer way in the new version....

4. pic = ventilation shaft spawn......easy from side doors.....

i can´t see more spam in that map than in other maps like Astheno, lava, or riverbed

IMO rocketcommand is 1 of the best designed AS maps ever -- it´s a real war map, where u need good tacs
u have everything in there...launches, hammers-trix-, boot-hammer-trix, sniperheaven...and some spam :D

plus the fucking class end video from Weirdo :)

Attachments

• Shot0023.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 139
  • Shot0025.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Shot0026.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Shot0022.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 136
I'd like to say thank you to Snuggs for supporting me a bit :)

And BTW, Bridge isn't left out, it's just not in the group stage :P

Last edited:
Yeh i dout the usefulness of having 2 seperate (also when similar) maplists. I can't see veryone pleased but mabye it's good to give some (decent) non-league mpas a try as i would like to see Saquarra back :)

jwer_NL said:
On topic: the maplist is wank

Saqqara can only be completed by swimming under the docks and people being too stupid to check it, and rocketcommand turns into a boring spamfest when you entered low.

saqqara can be hard but ist still a nice and good map. and it aint that hard to assault like u describe

but in rocketcommandSE(!!!! spawnpoints and so on changed) the spam is not more then any as-other map, its like bridge now, u can loose it in a few minutes but u can also defend it for a long long long time

at the end is a bit spam but well same u have in bridge at end, playtest it and maybe u change then ur opinion i mean it has really everything a good assault map should have

launches, jumps, snipe possibility, pure fighting, spamming, sneaking etc. :fish:

and the atmosphere in rocketcommand is the best of all
its really best assault map, unbelievable its not (yet) in league

MiserY said:
saqqara can be hard but ist still a nice and good map. and it aint that hard to assault like u describe
its been in league before and i have to agree about the end part even tho i like rest of the map

ViPah said:
its been in league before and i have to agree about the end part even tho i like rest of the map

i played it very often when it was in league, dunno but it played very well, even at end

there are other maps which i find more frustating

the map is way too long, you dont have a good overview as a team where everyone is and where the other team is, thats why it sucks, ow and fps is shit there just like the fact that the load for the server gets way too high on that map which gives an extra 40 ping (at least to me on orange)

Its a cup, you play through it once .. you play your umpteen games and get to whatever stage you are kicked out from. UTALers will be playing CTFers, and they might not know the maps as well as we do. It helps them claw a little of our advantage back.

This isnt a league map vote, its a one-off cup (it may be repeated, but for the moment, its a one-off), just having league maps would be pointless - we already have a league for that.

Enjoy the variety people!

Variety is the spice of life! :poke: