AS-Capacitance Beta 1

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

NOS

Sep 4, 2003
Here's the first Public Beta of my latest map, AS-Capacitance :D

http://downloads.utassault.net/?d=Ma...ance-beta1.zip

http://www.unrealplayground.com/download.php?mapid=11495 (Requires login)

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=9261

11495.jpg

There are a few issues: No Bot support yet, the endgame sequence has not yet been made, there are a few things to be added but this is as much as it needs to let me be able to see what the layout faults of the map are.

If any server admin could maybe help me by setting up a few 6v6 online games so I could see how it plays I'd be greatly appreciative.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
takes me to the index page for some reason? :confused:

use nalicity, no registering either :p

but to be honest the screenshot looks rather promising :) looking forward trying it...

looks good .... something for all those Asteno fans in here :)

The end looks hard to defend and it's not that spammy as i thought at the begining. That 3 doors at last objective makes it easier to attack but also new spawn for def also makes it easier tyo defend.

As for bugs i found only one small which isn;t very importabt

:thumb:

Last edited:
I'm sorry I didnt know that unrealplayground needed a login but I've uploaded it to nalicity and it is awaiting approval. Thank you for the comments on the... um picture :p

Brajan, the objectives all seemed working close to perfectly to me when I tried it. Try pressing F3 to see wether your supposed to touch or destroy a panel (or maybe it's just there for decoration) and if that doesnt work I'll be sure to look into it. I tried to make the map a pretty linear way so you never have to (or can) go far before your next objective but I'd really appreciate some feedback and opinions on how things werent as good as you think they could have been. As for the crystal, yes the only way currently to destroy it is by touching the panel underneath the reactor (follow the walkway). Originally it was planned that the crystal could either be destroyed this way or simply shot at, although this would take much more ammo since it would otherwise be an easy ovjective, but I had some problems with setting it up to be shot down so it is removed, and may or may not be readded depending on feedback.

Yeah I kinda used Astheno as my inspiration. It's an amazingly well designed map and although it is incredibly spammy which ruins it. I tried to make this map as visually attractive as astheno but to give alternate routes and ways to complete an objective, like Siege3 but not as confusing. :D

I really want this map to be all it can be, so I'm greatful for any feedback, either negative or positive

dunno what happend but my UT was haxored :) After restart all worked fine so forget it.

as for destroying crystal ... would be nice to have an option to disable planted charge just like in AS-Zeppelin :)
It's fun! :)

After lift add auto canons on left and right so you don't just have to run throu but also disable them .... testroom on AutoRip

Nice job with hidden belt at the begining :P

Last edited:
Map is on DoG Customs server + fast redirect.

unreal://213.230.216.2:8888/

Personal comments:

You have mixed a fogzone with a high-poly area (in the area as per your screenshot in first post), this will cause huge frame drops/lag when there's plenty of action going on, can I suggest you remove the fog in the lower area, and maybe use some dim ambient lighting instead?

Last edited:
Damnit brajan I was hoping that would stay hidden for a bit longer than a few hours after the first beta :D

And thats great '//3iRd(o), tyvm :D I'll be sure to spectate whenever I see it on to see how it plays and how others find it

Much <3 for all the support

NOS said:
Damnit brajan I was hoping that would stay hidden for a bit longer than a few hours after the first beta :D

oops :)
but i didn't said where it is so let others look for it :)

It's gonna be a bit too hard to def if you give belt and pads for attackers at the begining. This map can be easly finished in less then ~1 minute atm.

played it once.... reminded me much of Asteno cuz attackers didnt even get to the second objective...