AS-Atma

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

AtmaDragon

Jul 10, 2003
Kennewick, WA
I'm just learning how to map, and I'd like some feedback on this.

Keep in mind I am NOT looking for feedback on looks or structure, just functionality. Please point out any bugs.

In particular I need help on the bot pathing. Also, what do Intersecting and Deintersecting do?

Attachments

• AS-Atma.zip
    18.6 KB · Views: 47
Log: New File, Existing Package (Package MyLevel, Package AS-Atma)
Warning: Failed to load 'CrashTC': Can't find file for package 'CrashTC'
Warning: Failed to load 'E;\UnrealTournament\Maps\AS-Atma.unr': Can't find file for package 'CrashTC'
Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find file for package 'CrashTC'
Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find file for package 'CrashTC'

In other words you need to include crashct.utx :D

AtmaDragon said:

Keep in mind I am NOT looking for feedback on looks or structure, just functionality. Please point out any bugs.

In particular I need help on the bot pathing. Also, what do Intersecting and Deintersecting do?
who gives a fuck about bot pathing?:S

AtmaDragon said:

is this your first map? you should start to create some DM maps first. This maps are easier to create. if you need help for mapping contact me :) i know nearly all about unrealed

no bugs i think, maybe you can add a trigger to open the second door

In particular I need help on the bot pathing.
erm y you need bots??? bot pathing suck, it creates little bugs in your map...
but heres a link :) http://www.birrabrothers.com/drac/ued2_t007.html

Also, what do Intersecting and Deintersecting do?

Furthermore, the Intersect and Deintersect buttons play an important role in maintaining the integrity of your BSP, or Binary Space Partition in that that carve out sections of a brush to fit perfectly in your world space, suffice it to say that familiarizing yourself with intersecting and deintersecting will cut down on errors in your BSP tree which could result in a Hall-of-Mirrors (HOM) effect.

try to use Interselect and deinterselect in your maps to avoid BSP holes....

K, I'll make this the first official alpha. Again, though, I'm just using this map to learn UED.

I've been thinking about making a room with no PlayerStarts but with all the triggers that don't have to be in close proximity with what they're changing to make it easier to change triggers. Is this a good idea? :confused:

I still need help on bot pathing though. Archon just goes crazy in there. :lol:

Exodus: What would be the point of using a trigger for the door when a mover can do the trick just as easily? :confused:

Thx all

Attachments

• AS-AtmaA1.zip
    19.2 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: Ice
It's another .umx file. Dunno where to find it though. :/ If you can find a DL for AS-Gladiator][ you'll have it.

Second Alpha

Things I want to change for next version

1. Fix collision radii.
2. Make the Hallway Panel explode.
3. Make the Crystal go through 3 stages of damage, have an announcement for all stages, and have parts of it explode at every stage.
4. Make teleports team specific.

I've been using that link for a tute someone gave me, but sometimes the guy is pretty confusing. :/

Attachments

• AS-AtmaA2.zip
    22.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Attachments

• pathlogic.zip
    20.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Well I just DLed that so I haven't had time to read it, but I got some more work done on triggers and such.

Here's an experimental version of AS-Atma. I can't seem to get the message trigger to go correctly. I'm trying to get the message "The Crystal Room Doors are now fully open!" to be triggered 30 seconds after the the Crystal Room Door Switch has been pressed. (I've set the Crystal Room Doors to delay for 10 seconds then take 20 seconds to open.)

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• AS-AtmaEXP.zip
    23 KB · Views: 22
AtmaDragon said:
Exodus: What would be the point of using a trigger for the door when a mover can do the trick just as easily? :confused:

at the moment you have to run at the door to open it, you could add a trigger in fron of the door. now its not necessarily to touch the door directly (because i thinked its a wall and not a door, if the door open earlier its better ;) )

MH: The door doesn't explode cuz I haven't figured out how to do that yet. :P

Exodus: I still need help with that Crystsal Door message trigger. I'd like to get that resolved before I go on to anything else.

AtmaDragon said:
Exodus: I still need help with that Crystsal Door message trigger. I'd like to get that resolved before I go on to anything else.

hmm i dont understand your question oO (me german ^^)
... i dont know which trigger you mean i think

Last edited:
First of all, check the room next to the attacker spawn. It has no playerstarts but contains all of the actors that don't need to be near that which they are triggering.

Keep in mind: The Crystal Room Doors are set so that they wait 10 seconds to start opening, then take 20 seconds to open. They are triggered by the switch in the Huge Room.

What happens with the map as is: I press the switch in the Huge Room and the message doesn't appear. (I fiddled around with this a bit and sometimes the message appears right after the switch is pressed or 30 seconds after the map starts at all. AS-AtmaEXP has it set so that the message doesn't appear at all.)

What I want to have happen: Have the message triggered such that it appears 30 seconds after the switch in the Huge Room is pressed. (10 seconds for door delay + 20 seconds to fully open = 30 seconds)

Hope that clears it up. :P :D

AtmaDragon said:
First of all, check the room next to the attacker spawn. It has no playerstarts but contains all of the actors that don't need to be near that which they are triggering.

Keep in mind: The Crystal Room Doors are set so that they wait 10 seconds to start opening, then take 20 seconds to open. They are triggered by the switch in the Huge Room.

What happens with the map as is: I press the switch in the Huge Room and the message doesn't appear. (I fiddled around with this a bit and sometimes the message appears right after the switch is pressed or 30 seconds after the map starts at all. AS-AtmaEXP has it set so that the message doesn't appear at all.)

What I want to have happen: Have the message triggered such that it appears 30 seconds after the switch in the Huge Room is pressed. (10 seconds for door delay + 20 seconds to fully open = 30 seconds)

Hope that clears it up. :P :D

make 2 special events, one with the text "crystal doors opening in 10 secs" and as eventtag "message1" and one with the text "crystaldoors open" and as eventtag "message2" (or what you want..this is just an indication)

now ad an dispatcher to the button and add as events...
event0 message1
delay 0.000000
event1 crystaldoors (or how you have called them)
delay 10.000000
event2 message2
delay 20.0000 (this is 20 secs after crystaldoors if i am right, could be that you need to fill in 30 secs, but you'll find out... soon enough

now this should be working

Reactions: Urgamanix